ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Old 06-25-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Jon Fournier will become famous soon enoughJon Fournier will become famous soon enough
Default Visio Export to FlexSim

Hi everyone,

I was happy to see the release of a COM control for FlexSim, and so to get to know it, and FlexSim, I decided to try and streamline the process of exporting Visio FlexSim drawings into FlexSim models.

When I first got FlexSim last winter, I saw the Visio import and gave it a try, but never have really used it. However, I have been getting pretty good at writing VB code for Visio, so I figured this would be a good learning experience, and it should help to make the creation of FlexSim models from Visio as simple as a single mouse click.

Please keep in mind that this comes with no warranty that it will work and not crash and take your Visio work with you (so save before you try using this, even though I've not had a problem that bad with it). There is also no guarantee of support, though I'll try and field any questions and will accept feedback on this forum.

To use this just unzip the file to any folder (I think) and either use the FlexSimStandardObjects.vss stencil alone when building Visio drawings, or use the FlexSimTemplateCCAT.vst file as a template for building drawings. The plus side of using the template is that you get a couple of buttons to use.

This uses the COM object that Anthony Johnson/Cliff King posted here. This means you need to download and register the COM object before this will work. Also, I haven't really tested running this on another computer, so I'm not sure how Visio will handle the reference between the .vst and .vss files in the attached zip file. I keep both files in:
C:\Program Files\FlexSim4\program, where the FlexSim-provided Visio stencil resides. Please let me know if you have any problems running it.

If you double the FlexSimTemplateCCAT.vst file it will open Visio and create a new Visio drawing with a small toolbar for interacting with the macros. One is to start up FlexSim through the COM object, the other is to build a FlexSim model of the active Visio page. If you don't want to use the template you can use the stencil and access the macros using Tools->Macros->FlexSimStandardObjects

The FlexSimStandardObjects.vss file is just the original set of stencils from FlexSim with macro code embedded in it.

I have locked the code for editing or viewing, sadly, because it uses some proprietary code from my company. Hopefully in the future I will be able to unlock it for you so it can be used as an example of how to use the FlexSim COM control...

Until then, please enjoy and send me any feedback you can.

Download

Thanks,

Jon Fournier
CT Center for Advanced Technology
http://www.ccat.us
Attached Files
File Type: zip FlexsimStandardObjects.zip (111.7 KB, 865 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Fournier For This Useful Post:
Cliff King (06-26-2008)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recorder automatic export Stephanie Giovannini Q&A 3 03-19-2008 04:52 PM