ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-28-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough
Default GUI: cant enter GUI edit mode

Hi all,

GUI problem again,

for the attached file, don know why I cant enter GUI edit mode when i click
Tools -> Graphical User Interfaces -> ModelControlGUI
Attached Files
File Type: zip GUI not in edit mode.zip (20.3 KB, 345 views)
Old 03-28-2008
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Are you running in 1024x768? The GUI is near the right edge of the screen on 1280x1024. You can change the ModelControlGUI>spatialx to something lower than 932 (like 600), close the GUI Builder Tools, and reopen the GUI to moved it back onto your screen.

The attached file has the GUI moved to the left to be on the screen at a smaller resolution.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GUI not in edit mode2.zip (32.5 KB, 309 views)
Old 03-31-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough

Actually the GUI interface can be shown on my screen, but I cant drag items inside the GUI even I click Tools -> Graphical User Interfaces -> ModelControlGUI
Old 04-01-2008
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The overlay is missing. It is an object in GUIs, usually the first one. It lets the F5 functionality for changing between edit mode and regular mode on GUIs work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GUI not in edit mode3.zip (21.4 KB, 333 views)
Old 04-01-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Just to add to what Phil mentioned about the overlay object/node in GUIs. The only reason to remove this object/node from a GUI is to keep an end user from using F5 to edit the GUI. This shouldn't be a concern for you unless you have an end user that insists on getting into trouble. Please note, that removing the overlay will only stop unmotivated people from editing your GUI because it is fairly easy to copy an overlay node from another GUI and past it back into your GUI. So the general rule of thumb for all of us should be to leave the overlay in our GUIs.

On a broader note: Flexsim is a very open software and assumes that we all know what we are doing. This means that you are freely available to delete or modify things (objects, nodes, etc.) that you will wish you hadn't touched. I wish I could name them all for you but I don't think that I've had the chance to delete/modify them all myself.

So, when in doubt walk away slowly, very slowly and defenitly don't delete it.

Good luck with your GUI,
Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can I use an edit box entry to update multiple labels? KelvinHo Q&A 10 03-28-2008 07:17 AM
How to use the actual date/time data in Arrival Schedule Mode of Source syseo Q&A 0 10-12-2007 08:22 PM