ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-16-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Martin Kooijman is on a distinguished road
Default error message "Clock overflow, running stopped"

When I create 50 flowitems at once, the following message appears. "clock overflow, running stopped"!

I tried to split the flowitems in batches of 25 with 0.01 second delay, but the same message appears. 2 batches of 10 items is no problem, but 2 batches of 11 items is a problem.

Can anybody explain this message and give a solution? I guess the problem is that to much events are fired on the same time. After creating the TaskExecuterFlowItems a message is send to the TEFI.
Old 04-16-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 12
Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

I would think it determines a zero velocity for the task executer flowitems. How do you create the flowitems?

Martijn
Old 04-16-2008
Flexsim User

My TEFIs walk 'autonomous', they are dropped in the model, and by recieving a message they'll travel away. In the source I use the InterArrivalTime option and I use the on creation trigger to position my items in the model.

Every thing was ok, as long as my IAT was 0.15 and bigger. But when I try to fill my model very fast with for example 50 items with the arrival schedule (50 at once) or with an IAT of 0.01 the message appears
Old 04-16-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Martin,

Normally when a task executer flowitem is used its position is set in the "Request Transport From" trigger. Where you are setting it in the "On Creation" trigger, this could be the root of your problem. If you post a sample of your model we could help more?

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 04-16-2008
Flexsim User

I used the principle "steal if it is done before". so I copied from, I guess, "Request Transport From" trigger en pasted it in the on creation trigger. On the end of my custom code I set the position. after that only a delayed message is send to the Item self. Everything is okay, until I create the items in a very short time.

after the message trigger is fired of the items a user command is called. this command hold a number of if statements. it seems this is to heavy for the program because a simple model with a source, queue,processor and a sink don't have a problem with an IAT of 0.01
Old 04-16-2008

Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

I don't think your model being to heavy for Flexsim is the problem. Something is going wrong and it's hard to analyze without seeing it happen, so as Brandon metioned a sample model would help. Only that's maybe something you don't want.
Old 04-16-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

I got this kind of problem before. If you have a 0 speed TE or TEFlowItem, when it is traveled, Flexsim will do the calculation using the 0 speed. Since the distance is divided by 0, you get an infinite event time, which is the meaning of "clock overflow" in the message.
Hao Zhou (03-18-2013)
Old 04-16-2008

Here's a very simple model in which a task executer is used. The maximum speed of the TE is set to zero -> Clock overflow.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Overflow.zip (40.6 KB, 326 views)
Old 04-16-2008
Technical Support Manager

Downloads: 79
Jeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really nice

You can get that error if you have an infinite loop or when there is a division by zero.
Martin Kooijman (04-16-2008)
Old 04-16-2008
Flexsim User

Thanks all for your reply. Now I know where I have to search to solve this problem. I'll tell you my solution.
Old 04-16-2008
Flexsim User

hi all,

during the building of my model I used the command sendmessage in the OnCreation trigger to activate a usercommand to activate my TEFI. Yesterday a changed this to the senddelayedmessage command and changed some other things.

Now I just changed back my sendmessage command and there is no clock overflow any more. maybe the fault is still there, but the model runs as I expect.

thanks all for your help

Martin
Old 04-17-2008
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

Always open your System Console and run your model before you sign-off that all is ok. You might find some exceptions being thrown... Exceptions are usually printed out on a line that starts with ex: By the way, if you turn on the Trace Debugger, it will sometimes print a little extra information about the exceptions shown in the System Console (not sure why this is so)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Self-paced video tutorial: "My Very First Flexsim Model" Brenton King Marketing and Sales Information 0 04-01-2008 01:29 PM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM
Which variable stores "Properties -> General ->Flags -> Protected" information? KelvinHo Q&A 1 03-06-2008 06:18 AM
"Getting Started" and "Tutorial" models for v4.01 Cliff King Product Announcements 0 12-10-2007 07:34 PM
Canceling "Set Object Reset Position" AlanZhang Q&A 8 10-15-2007 12:04 PM