ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 01-17-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Ayoub EL BOUCHTILI is on a distinguished road
Question How to condition the opening/stoping of a conveyor port?

I'm actually trying to simulate a crossroads, so I thought of using conveyors as roads but I'm having some troubles while conditioning the conveyors port at interactions.
Exp: While the conveyor A is occupied, close Conveyor B input.

Can some one please tell me how can I use triggers with a custom condition (true is written as default) ?

I can upload some illustrations of what I'm up to if my question is still not clear. Thank's.
Old 01-18-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe think about the events that close and open the ports - rather than thinking about "while" a condition is true.

Or switch to task executors on networks and use the traffic light object.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Ayoub EL BOUCHTILI (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Ayoub EL BOUCHTILI is on a distinguished road

Thank's for replying. Actualy I haven't thought about using task executers with traffic control lights, that would've been a nice idea! I tried first to make it work with task executors and avoiding collision options but it didn't go that well, so I just made it with triggers and sending delay messages for a conveyor to another.
Thank's again.

Tags
conveyor, crossroads, port