ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-23-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
George Serhan is on a distinguished road
Default Combiner question

Greeting,

The model I'm trying to simulate is a sequencing cell which involve several different parts that gets combine into one pallet. I'm using a combiner as the way to collect the various parts into one location, and I'm using an operator to simulate the manual operation within that cell. Everything works fine for one combiner, but when I add another one next to it, the operator refuse to move to the next combiner to fill. Don't know why it is miss-behaving like that. attached is the model.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Version2.fsm (93.4 KB, 117 views)
Old 01-24-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Hi Master,

please have a look at your send to operation in your separators:
content will be send to port 2 and your container to port 1. There aren't anything going to port 3 or higher. Your model works fine.

If you want a round robin fashion use a combination of modulus and constant value, instead of the constant output port 2.
Whole Code from Separator eg SP_Part1 in "Send to Port"
Code:
treenode  item = parnode(1);
treenode  current = ownerobject(c);
/**Default Separator Option*/
/** \nPort for container: */
int containerport = /**/1/**/;
/** \nPort for contents: */
int contentport = /**/getrank(parnode(1))%2+2/**/;
/** \n\nNote: If not unpacking, just send to first available.*/
if(getvarnum(current,"unpack"))
{
  if(getrank(parnode(1)) == 1)
    return containerport;
  else
    return contentport;
}
else
  return 0;
Edit:
If you don't want to write your own code, you can add a queue right behind the separator. The Queue should be at the output port 2 of the separator. Then the flowitems can be sent to to the following combiner.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 01-24-2012 at 10:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
George Serhan is on a distinguished road

Jörg,
Thanks for the response, Adding the code didn't work, and frankly I didn't understand it to debugg it. The second option would work, but it doesn't represent the actual activity going on. What should happen is after the operator finish loading the first rack (combiner 18) he should move to (combiner 19) and fill that rack, then go back and repeat the process. Hope I made it clear enough to understand the process.
Thanks again
George

Edit
The mistake I had was a typo, sorry your code works fine. Where can I get some references to coding (flexscript). the manual is fine explaining the basics, but not enough to tweak codes and write from scratch. Is there a book that teach you that.
Thanks again

Last edited by George Serhan; 01-24-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem With Combiner Bill Lank Q&A 3 01-31-2011 11:57 AM
Combiner Features michaelsmith Gripes and Goodies 0 05-12-2010 03:35 AM
Combiner problem Angie Williamson Q&A 6 04-21-2010 09:04 AM
Releasing to a Combiner Alistair Smitheman Q&A 7 05-15-2009 04:04 AM
a combiner question Vic Li Q&A 2 08-19-2008 03:42 AM