ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-23-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 0
Dane Lee is on a distinguished road
Question changed the Flexsim server Operate System

Hello,I have a question,about The server changing Operate system .we have not done nothing before we changed the server Operate System,when they Activated flexsim,the hints follow:
Generating transfer request using:
Activation ID =
Expiration = PERMANENT
Count = 50
Operations error: 7288 The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because number of copies left is zero. [Incident# 3695-482522]
How do we must do to finish activation? Hope your reply !
Old 05-24-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough
Default License Problem

Can't help you with your probelm but it gives me a chance to mention the problem we are are having.

I had an error problem (Operations Error 7466) when trying to return our license file from our laptop in order to use it on my desk top PC. I didn't get a reply from Flexsim directly but got one via our reseller.

Apparently you are not allowed to transfer the license file between machines. Previously when using the dongle I could work on my desktop in the office then when I needed to go to another part of the plant or indeed another plant to work I could take the dongle and the laptop with me and work as normal.

Our reseller is going to speak with Flexsim to see if anything can be sorted with this as it is causing a huge problem for us.

Anth
Old 05-24-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Flexsim 5.0's licensing scheme allows for a lot of flexibility in various licensing models, including the ability to limit the number of returns and rehosts of licenses. Flexsim 5 licenses are now distinguished as "professional" (which can only be activated once) or "enterprise" (which allows returns and rehosts).

You can contact your distributor, who will in turn contact our sales team directly in order to set particular licenses to professional or enterprise.

Dane Lee,

Your problem is that you are trying to activate a professional server license that has already been activated.

Anth,

Your problem is that your license is set to "professional" and you want it to work as "enterprise". The regional distributors have control over whether the licenses they sell should be set to professional or enterprise. Once we hear from your distributor, we can change your license type to enterprise to fix your problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Anthony Timmiss (05-25-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim Simulation System Demo Video David Chan Marketing and Sales Information 1 06-08-2009 09:25 AM
Concept Training System Brandon Peterson User Development 0 11-14-2008 12:02 PM
How can transpoter(Human) picks flowitems in different queue objects at once(Attach file is changed) seong Q&A 3 08-14-2008 10:12 AM
I want flexsim to provide the features for the lean system... syseo Gripes and Goodies 2 05-23-2008 07:45 PM
client server architecture Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 0 10-11-2007 10:26 AM