ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 08-12-2015
Anna Lisa Dierking

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default "flying" conveyor skirt

Hi,

I found a conveyor skirt piece not attached to the end of a conveyor in my model (when in render mode using the conveyor module).
This only happens if you create a new conveyor attached to an already existing one. If you create two conveyors and attach them afterwards, this does not happen and if you add another conveyor behind the one with the "flying" piece then the piece disappears as well.
I came across this issue in FlexSim 7.5 and FlexSim 7.7 beta 1.

Am I not supposed to attach new conveyors directly to existing ones?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Conveyor Skirt V7.5.PNG
Views:	579
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	2972   Click image for larger version
Name:	Conveyor Skirt V7.7.png
Views:	547
Size:	717.5 KB
ID:	2973  
Old 08-12-2015
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

I think I have occasionally seen this issue, but it's hard for me to replicate. In doing exactly as you're describing, right now I can't get it to do what you're seeing. Usually, though, even when this does happen, if you just grab the conveyor with the weird side skirt and reposition it into its place, it should fix it.
Old 08-12-2015

Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Another idea is to check the model tree to see that all of the conveyors are accounted for. I think sometimes the model might acquire some "invisible" conveyors, i.e. conveyors with 0 length or some other weird geometry. So if you check that every conveyor in the tree matches with a conveyor you can see in the 3D view, and delete any extra conveyors, that might fix it.

Again it's hard for me to replicate because I don't know exactly which sequence of clicks causes the extra conveyors.
Old 08-18-2015
Anna Lisa Dierking

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thank you for your answers.

It's not a problem to get rid off the flying piece (like you described), but I was wondering where it is coming from.
I checked the model tree but could not find any additional conveyor.

I made a gif so I hope you can see sequence of clicks that causes the flying piece. As you can see it does not happen every time when I click on a conveyor to add another one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	conveyor skirt.gif
Views:	583
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	2985  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anna Lisa Dierking For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015

Anna,
I must compliment you on your methodical way of reporting this. When users give a step-by-step on how to replicate the issue, it makes our work much easier. Thanks. I can now replicate it and we'll have a fix in the next version.
Anthony Johnson
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (08-18-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Negative values for conveyor "Product Z-Offset" in Flexsim 7 achuta kalidindi Q&A 3 02-26-2014 06:59 PM
How can you have a visual tool that has a mixture of "protected" and "no select"? thill Q&A 1 03-13-2012 12:44 AM
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM
"Getting Started" and "Tutorial" models for v4.01 Cliff King Product Announcements 0 12-10-2007 07:34 PM