ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 10-18-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
naveenkumar is on a distinguished road
Default ENTERING DATA FOR BATCH PROCESSING

HI,

I'm doing my project on a factory which produces hydraulic pumps.

I've given the data of how many components are there in a batch; however I don't have information about how many batches will be brought to the machining center in one shift.

This is causing an error.

Kindly, help me out in evolving a logic to give an input with out the number of bataches.

regards,
p.naveen kumar
Old 10-18-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

This is very little information and an unclear question. If you don't know how many batches go to the machining center how do expect us to know?

If you mean that you want to have a distribution or function determining a variable amount of batches going to the machining center, we need more information on how you are modelling your problem.

Are you going to use a combiner? because then simply determining the amount of parts that you send to the combiner will determine how many will be send to the machining center. If you want to control that with a distribution, put a distribution on the source that generates your main product.
Old 10-19-2011
Flexsim User

Default @ steven hamoen

The problem here is that there is no hard and fast rule for the operator who brings in the raw material into the bins which are placed near the machining centers, as a matter of fact there is no specific number of raw material that he will bring to the machining center.

So it is becoming a tough task for me to take any decision with regards to how I’m supposed to give the input to the software.

Old 10-19-2011
Flexsim User

I hope that you have understood my point of view(functioning of the company)
regards,

Naveen Kumar
Old 10-19-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

This way you should define, that material is allways available. Then you can find out, the maximum possible output of your production centers.
If your current output is lower, the availability of raw material could be the bottleneck.
Old 10-29-2011
Flexsim User

HI Sebastian,

How can i give the input material is always available????
Old 10-30-2011
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

To set so the material is always available I use use By Expression in the source and set the value to 0.

Lars-Olof
The Following User Says Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
naveenkumar (10-31-2011)
Old 11-02-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Think there are different ways to push more material into your process centers, than they can handle.

By using the By Expression as Lars Olof told you.
Or even by using Arrival Schedule if you got some data / informations about production material. If you tick "Repeat Schedule" the Source creates regularly Items. By using this way it is easier to create some Items with Labels and other data. Know, this is also possible by using triggers, but more confortable.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GlobalVariables & Processing Time shashanktrivedi Q&A 3 05-19-2011 11:54 PM
Change the downstream Combiner's batch quantity to this object's batch Nico Zahn Q&A 4 01-07-2011 04:18 PM
how could I get opeartors move during processing? zoeygollum Q&A 4 07-17-2010 01:06 AM
Batch production (Batch size for processor) Patrick Cap Q&A 12 03-27-2009 12:14 AM
Robot processing Sung Kim Q&A 7 08-27-2008 06:48 AM