ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-26-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0
Hao Zhou will become famous soon enoughHao Zhou will become famous soon enough
Default Questions about control of Transporter

I want to use Transporter to construct tractor and trailer system. I have two questions about control of transporter.

Question 1:
Click image for larger version
Name:	1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1228
I give a tasktype_travel to the transporter, and the transporter will move backwards from NN3 to NN2. I want the transporter to move along the edge, that means the head of the transporter always points to the NN3 when it is moving to the NN2(the tail of the transporter always point to NN2). How can I do this?

Question 2:
Click image for larger version
Name:	2.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1229
One tractor and one trail move together to NN4. When they reach NN4, they will overlap. How can I keep the offset between them when they running and reaching some networknodes?

Thank you very much for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip model.zip (66.9 KB, 179 views)
Old 12-27-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Your first problem should be solved by using the pickoption setrot in the OnReset Trigger of your tractor.

setrot
( current, 0, 0, 20);´

worked fine.
Old 12-27-2010
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

For your second question I don´t find a better solution than using a second Networknode and blocking the space between the two networknodes with a trafficcontrol.
Old 12-27-2010
Flexsim User

Dear Mr.Hemmann,

Thank you so much for answering my questions during Christmas holiday
Old 01-06-2011
Flexsim User

Hi Mr.Hemmann

I still cannot get a solution for problem two. Could you please explain it in detail?
or anyone have other ideas?
Thanks

Last edited by Hao Zhou; 01-06-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 01-07-2011
Flexsim User

Purely my administrator doesn´t allow me to load up anything here. So I only can explain, what I´ve done.

Added another networknode between your last two nodes and connected it with the others. Added a trafficcontrol and conected it with the new and the last networknode. In the trafficcontrol there should be the standard settings:
"Mutual Exclusion" as Traffic Control Mode, and
"1" as Maximum Number in Area.
Now the function in your model is, that never more than one transporter can be between this two networknodes.
Old 01-07-2011
Flexsim User

Another idea, I just got is, to load the truck to the transporter. Probably as a flowitem, with the grafic shapes of a truck, so the flowitem looks like one. And set the position of the flowitem with setloc() in the OnLoad trigger of the transporter behind the transporter.
Old 01-07-2011
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Hemmann View Post
Another idea, I just got is, to load the truck to the transporter. Probably as a flowitem, with the grafic shapes of a truck, so the flowitem looks like one. And set the position of the flowitem with setloc() in the OnLoad trigger of the transporter behind the transporter.
I tried to use this method. It is a nice idea. However, as figure1 showed, when the train sequence runs onto a corner, the tractor will rotate for some angle after it pass the corner point, and the trailers will also rotate for the same angle immediately although the trailers are still in edge1. How to solve this problem.
Old 01-07-2011
Flexsim User

This way you would need some physics for your trailers!? Don´t got any experience with this.
Could be possible to use Transporter as Trailer, that all drive in order to each other. The transporters got physics and everyone moves arround the corners on its own.
Maybe anybody else got a better solution. Because my idea sounds very long winded.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Table for Dispatcher/Transporter shafizad Q&A 5 10-25-2010 10:42 AM
How to recognize the transporter dispatched by a dispatcher? Frans Zeng Q&A 1 05-15-2010 10:02 PM
Question about Transporter Logic Alberto Serra Q&A 3 10-20-2009 06:10 AM
I run the model,the Transporter disappeared LINWEIXU Q&A 2 08-16-2009 02:40 AM
The transporter and operator task sequence... syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:26 AM