ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-24-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
FlorianK is on a distinguished road
Default Transport issues

Hello community,

i have a little bit trouble with a quite easy problem i think.

I have a queue. The queue is using three taskexecuter for transport (coordinated by a dispatcher).

By reaching a certain level of content, the transport is executed.

My idea is, that the first available is doing the whole transport. But the dispatcher seems to split it. The first Taskexecuter is leaving two items in the queue and the other two Taskexecuters are taking each one item.

What i'm doing wrong?

Greetings,
Florian

Last edited by FlorianK; 05-24-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 05-24-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

You are not doing anything wrong, this is just how Flexsim works. When a dispatcher receives tasksequences it offers them to every task executer.

What you can do is create your own passto code. You could start with the option to send to the shortest queue and change that to the longest queue with an extra condition that it should not be more than the max content.
Old 05-24-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Florian,

you aren't doing anything wrong! It is the standard method to dispatch tasksequences from the tasksequence queue. Everytime an item enters a fixed rescource the tasksequence is written and dispatched. They are being executed or they are stored at the dispatcher (in a taskexecuter itself or a dispatcher).
Loading more flowitems is controlled in the break to requirement function of the taskexecuter. Therefore the tasksequence is partly executed to the breaktask and this is the problem. The receiving taskexecuter isn't available anymore and the next queued tasksequence is dispatched to another available taskexecuter.
To let only one taskexecuter to work on more then one tasksequence the other available taskexecuter shouldn't be available for a certain time (or event steps). You can close the output to the other taskexecuters at the moment a tasksequence is dispatched until the maximum content of the first taskexecuter is reached.

maybe it helps.

Jörg
Old 05-24-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
FlorianK is on a distinguished road

Hi,

i was able to solve my task now. I just replaced the queue by a queue shaped combiner with a process time of 0.

The collecting time until 8 pallets are in the queue is the same. And because my Taskexecuters aren't able to overtake, i choosed "round robin" as passto code.

Thank you both for your input!

Greetings,
FlorianK

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GUI Button Issues shashanktrivedi Q&A 5 05-23-2011 10:34 PM
Flexsim HC issues discovered during HC training Cliff King FlexSim HC: Q&A 0 05-14-2010 12:42 PM
PLC connection, positioning issues Stephan Seidel Q&A 13 04-08-2010 01:02 AM
Operator Control Issues Gavin Douglas Q&A 3 01-26-2010 10:39 AM
flowiTems From transport to transport Manuel Kraenzle Q&A 1 10-27-2008 01:32 PM