ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-16-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Christian Norregaard will become famous soon enough
Default Statistics history size

Hi everyone.

I am working on a model of a surgical tool sterilization plant, and need a suggestion on how to solve a problem.

The model runs over the course of a year, and I am using a Tracked Variable Histogram to monitor the time passed from the end of surgery to the beginning of the wash cycle. Every time a washing rack enters one of the washing machines, I add an entry to a Tracked Variable for each of the instruments contained in the rack. This leaves me with roughly 5-10 million entries over a year. That is a lot of data, and it makes it hard for me to use the dashboard to spot irregularities.

What I would like to do is to limit the Tracked Variable to tracking only the latest 5000 entries. Is there a way of doing this? Or is a Tracked Variable the wrong way of going about this?

Screenshots attached.

Any input is appreciated.

Best regards
Christian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_07 Jul. 16 10.49.jpg (218.0 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_07 Jul. 16 10.50.jpg (26.1 KB, 95 views)
Old 07-16-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Christian,

you are looking for the same method used in the statistics of a queue with the parameter "content history size"?

Jörg
Old 07-16-2013
Flexsim User

Hi Jörg.

Yes, I suppose that is what I am looking for. Is there any way of applying that to a Tracked Variable?

/Christian
Old 07-16-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Christian,

tracked variables are of the datatype bundle.
You can easily remove the first and the last entry from the bundle-array by commands.
Code:
removefirstbundleentry(Node of the tracked variable)
If you want to limit the bundle size, my first approach would be to remove the first bundle entries until the 5000 entries are restored.
Any trigger or a repeated user event is a place to write such a code.

Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013
Flexsim User

Excellent, I will give it a try.

Thanks, Jörg.
Old 07-16-2013
Flexsim User

I have now tested this through, and it works like a charm. I never had a look at bundle data before, but I will spend the rest of the day today studying this area.

Thanks again!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rack statistics Sebastian Hemmann Gripes and Goodies 2 04-18-2013 02:33 AM
Statistics questions Jack Lai Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 07-16-2012 03:59 AM
3D Statistics Phil BoBo Container Terminal (CT) Library 0 10-18-2011 03:08 PM
How to turn on stats history in Vista to use Record object syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:45 AM