ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-06-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0
Manoj Kumar is on a distinguished road
Default Dispatcher and Global table

Guide me to solve this situation using dispatcher.
1.Transporter 1 & Transporter 2 are connected to dispatcher.
2. A global table will contain operator number as input against each task.(task can be collecting from given queue).
3. The dispatcher should assign required transporter for the task as mentioned in global table.
I have attached the global table with this.
I was able to achieve this without using dispatcher, by connecting the operators to all queues and referring global table under request transporter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	operator.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1854  
Old 07-06-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Why use a dispatcher if the tasks are already destined for a particular operator??????

Dispatcher is only useful if tasks are dispatched to a group of operators that have a combined queue of tasks.

If you don't want to make all the connection use a global variable to refer to your operators and send the tasksequence directly
Old 07-06-2012
Flexsim User

Dear Hamoen,
The purpose of using the dispatcher is to check whether a transporter has completed the assigned task (in given queue) and on completion he need to be allotted for the next task (another new queue) in the global table.
I have missed to mention the purpose using the dispatcher in previous post.
Old 07-06-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

The transporter also stores the request it get, so if it is finished with a task it will automatically take the next one in it's tasksequencequeue.
So I don't understand the need for a dispatcher?
Old 07-06-2012
Flexsim User

What I have posted is only part of my problem. What I am trying to find is how to assign the transporters using global table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Hamoen View Post
Dispatcher is only useful if tasks are dispatched to a group of operators that have a combined queue of tasks.
From your above post it was understandable that dispatcher is useful for group of operators used to complete a "single task"(correct if i am wrong).
I need to assign same operator to complete a task.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plotting Global Table shashanktrivedi Q&A 2 06-17-2011 05:50 AM
Tasksequence by using global table Jelmer Js Q&A 7 04-20-2011 09:01 AM
Time Table for Dispatcher/Transporter shafizad Q&A 5 10-25-2010 10:42 AM
Global Table string value Congshi Wang Q&A 1 05-24-2010 07:38 AM
Can I make a column of a global table to type table? qin tian Q&A 0 10-01-2008 09:27 PM