ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-09-2009
Jill Speece

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
jspeece is on a distinguished road
Default Task Sequence Display

I have a dispatcher with several operators on different shifts attached which are all called to tools for both scheduled and unscheduled downtime. When I run the model it seems like the operators just hover around the same area and don't address the other tools.

Is there a way to visually display the dispatcher's task sequence? I believe that seeing the task sequence would help me validate that I have my model set up correctly.

Thanks,
Jill
Old 09-09-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can use the profiletasksequence() command to get information about a task sequence.

The following will print information to the output console about the active task sequence for the object designated as so():

profiletasksequence(gettasksequence(so(),0));

Right-click an object to designate it as so(). Go to View > Output Console to open the console. Execute the command from a script window to see the output.

You could also dive into the object's tree to see the tasks. There is an activetasksequence node near the top of a task executer's variables and also a tasksequencequeue node near the bottom of the variables.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 09-09-2009 at 11:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Scott Mackay (10-08-2009)
Old 09-09-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Jill, Phil,

Here is a link to another option for viewing the profile of the active tas sequence: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1079

It should be a little easier to use for debugging as it will update with the screen refresh of the GUI.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 09-14-2009
Jill Speece

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
jspeece is on a distinguished road
Default Confused about code

I tried to put the command into the custom code of the dispatcher but that wasn't working. How exactly do I set up the command to get a display in the console? I'm sorry but I am kind of confused.

I also tried downloading the other library but that only worked for the operators and I would like to see the task sequence that is being given to the dispatcher.

Thanks for all your help,
Jill
Old 09-15-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Right-click the dispatcher and go to Explore Tree.

Click the icon then click the > button.

Click the + button next to variables.

Run the model to the point you want to see.

Click the + button next to tasksequencequeue to see all the task sequences that are in the Dispatcher's queue.

OR

Right-click the Dispatcher and go to Edit > Designate This Node (so).

Run the model to the point you want to see.

Click the Script button to open a script window.

Go to View > Output Console to open the output console.

Execute the code with numbers greater than 0 to see specific task sequences in the Dispatcher's queue (1 to see its first task sequence, 2 for its second, etc).
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Scott Mackay (10-08-2009)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
questions of a Task Sequence Command? Li Chin Q&A 1 11-30-2008 05:19 AM
Task Sequence Example 1 Li Chin Q&A 4 10-27-2008 06:50 AM
Task Sequence Question David Chan Q&A 1 05-27-2008 03:56 AM
coordinated task sequence, need help. qin tian Q&A 4 05-12-2008 05:52 PM
The transporter and operator task sequence... syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:26 AM