ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Old 12-16-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold
Default cubic splines

This is from my final project I did for my math class this semester. I wrote a program, in Flexsim of course, that calculates points on a surface defined by z=f(x,y,t) and uses cubic spline interpolation to draw a smooth surface through all the points.

This is more of a math thing than a discrete-event simulation thing, but I thought some of you might like it.

I fixed a memory leak on December 16, 2008 at 8:30PM Utah time, so if you downloaded it before then and it crashes after a while, redownload it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip spline.zip (136.8 KB, 336 views)

Last edited by Alex Christensen; 12-16-2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: bug fix
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
Tom David (12-16-2008)
Old 12-16-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Alex,

First of all thanks for the model but I like to give you some feedback.

Looks like the model is made in Flexsim v4.50beta, so would make a note in the post, that the community is aware of this fact.

If I look into the archive I see the model file and mydll.dll and myddl.cpp. I am not sure if it is necessary to pack the *.cpp file in the archive. Is this file of any use, if you do not have all the other files? I would not name the *.dll but give it a name related to the model. What’s about CubicSplines_AC.dll? I would also give the model a name with tells more what it is about. The first thing I did after the download was to give the directory and the model the name CubicSplines_AC. I personally like to know, who is the modeler and like to give models names which speaks for themselves.

Why not to put the model in the UserConcept or SupportModel Download Section? I figured out that if I am searching for a model in the community and even if I know the name of the model I can hardly find them in the forum. For me it looks like that the models in the forum posts disappear in a black hole. That’s why I put my models into the download section and use the download alert thread or make a link from the related post.

I had a look into the model in v4.50beta and I like the model. It’s a great model. I like that you show what you can do with Flexsim beside discrete-event simulation stuff. Good Job!

Alex, I hope you do not mind my feedback. But you guys built such great models and in my eyes there are very small things which would make the models even better.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your model with us.
Old 12-18-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

Tom, I appreciate your feedback. I agree that the forum users, myself included, could be a little more organized and it would help everybody more.

I put the model, dll, and source code in the user concept model section of the downloads with proper names. I put the web address of the Flexsim DLL maker project in the .cpp file. I included all the code for the unlikely event that someone would actually want to use it in some other program, and since there's nothing proprietary about the code, why not include it? I'm a big supporter of all source code being public.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
arunkrmahadeva (06-30-2014)