ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-21-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Albert Munoz is on a distinguished road
Smile Importing .dxf and shape files as background objects

Hello,

I am working on a geographical model where the visualisation aspect requires some detail. I have access do a series of autocad drawings, and shape files of the region.

Two questions;
1. I am having some trouble importing the .dxf file as the 3d representation of an object, has anyone else experienced similar issues? if so is there any other thread I can reference?

2. Importing a shape file as a model background; at this point none of the objects in the model are set to interact with the background. How exactly should I go about importing the shape file? Should I replace the 3d representation of an object with a shape file?

Thanks
Albert
Old 07-22-2011
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Please read the document from http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...?do=file&id=79

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
String value changes to int value on importing ?? Nischith Kashyap Q&A 3 05-05-2011 08:46 AM
CAD Drawing Imported as Background B Whitley Container Terminal (CT) Library 8 10-09-2009 12:24 PM
Keeping the Ortho View Window in the background? Nico Zahn Q&A 4 03-10-2009 10:16 AM
Loading a large map as a background Kenny Macleod Q&A 6 02-09-2009 03:46 PM
dbimporttable: importing date Lolke Koopmans Q&A 7 02-22-2008 05:57 AM