ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 02-06-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default Things I like about v4.3 (autocompletion, billboards, shortcuts, relative media paths, code editor)

Okay, I like to give my first feedback on v4.30 now. I am sure I will give you more feedback if I get response from some German users.

What I really like on the new version v4.30: (Goodies)
- The auto-completion hints and that they also show label and variables names. That is very handy.
- That the Visual Tool now has billboard option (even if it in the moment only works in ortho view).
- The automatic changing of media files from absolute to relative.
- That the tree of the objects is collapse and so the model tree looks much cleaner if you open it.
- The key combination for running, stopping, changing run speed, etc. That’s so handy.
- I like the colored brace highlighting of the code.

tom the (A)tom

Last edited by Cliff King; 03-15-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
tobias.biemueller is on a distinguished road

I agree with Tom, the new version is very handy.

What i dont like so much:

- If i open a codewindow on my second screen and writing logic in it, then the completition hints appears on the first screen and not on the cursor position..
- another point, if you make a visualtool with a recorder inside to a billboard object, the color of the displayed line is "dark" (you cannot see different colors), cause of the lightsource behind this object.

best regards
Tobias

Last edited by tobias.biemueller; 03-28-2008 at 03:08 AM. Reason: adding another point

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My gripes and improvement suggestions for v4.30 (Ctrl+C/V in tables, media path updater) Tom David Gripes and Goodies 2 03-18-2008 08:29 PM
Things I like about v4.3 (billboards, experimenter, menus, runcontrol) Dirk-Jan Gripes and Goodies 1 03-14-2008 04:25 AM
Code autocompletion is great! Would like more shortcuts. AlanZhang Gripes and Goodies 2 02-20-2008 10:04 PM