ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-31-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Alistair Smitheman is on a distinguished road
Default Getting a Processor to re-run

Hi,

Is it possible to get a processor to re-process an item if it's output is blocked and hence re-run it's on ProcessFinish code?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

It depends on what you mean by if the output is blocked.
If blocked means that the downstream object is not able to receive the item I guess the easieast way is to place a dummy queue. The item will go to the dummy queue and then reenter the processor. Please take care that input port 1 of the processor is the one from the dummy queue.
This works, but keep in mind, that the statistics of the processort (Input and Ouput Counter) are also counting the re-enter items.
Old 07-31-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Alistair Smitheman is on a distinguished road

The thought had crossed my mind to put something like that in but I am using a count on the processor to know when to move on to the next destination. Is there not a reset function for the processor so that it starts the whole processing item code from the beginning when requested?
Old 07-31-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I am not sure if there is a special funtion for a processor to do this.

My next idea would be to make your own processor just from a queue. You control the queue output with a delayed message which arrrives in process time and opens the output.
So if the output of the downstream object is blocked, if the message arrives, you send a new messages wich will arrive after the process time. So in a way, you process several times. You might like to set your own states to get the results you need.

I use such a processor-queue in my sample model Sample_IdleOperatorHelpsOtherOperator_TD

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...?do=file&id=84

Maybe this could be a solution for you.
Or anyone else from the community has an idea how to handle this with the standard processsor.