ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-20-2010
ProcSim Consulting

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
shafizad is on a distinguished road
Default Time Table for Dispatcher/Transporter

Hi,

I have one transporter that works for 1 hour. He receives normal task sequences and queues them in tasksequencequeue. On ScheduleDown time, I would like that he finishes his active tasksequence and then goes to preempting TE_STOP task. Now, my question is how I can transfer all the remaining undone tasksequences in the tasksequencequeue (0f this scheduled-down operator) to another operator?

It means I would like to reassign the tasks to another operator. In other words, to cut/paste the tasksequencequeue of the scheduled-down operator to another operator.

(btw, Unfortunally, I cannot use Dispatcher for the choice of queuing them in a dispatcher to solve this problem.)

In the example attached, TimeTable6 helps to schedule down the operator 6 which is in charge of simple TRAVEL/LOAD/TRAVEL/UNLOAD task created in the sendto of Queue2. At scheduleDown it sends a message to the operator by CALLSUBTASK to allow the operator6 to do what he was doing and then will be stopped. Now, I am looking for a way to transfer all the tasksequenecqueue of Operator6 to tasks for Operator9 to do (with the same priority) and of course delete these transfered tasks in Operator6's tasksequenceQueue.
%%All Codes written now for: OnscheduleDown of timetable6 and OnMessage of Operator6.

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip TestTimeTable.zip (53.5 KB, 241 views)
Old 10-20-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I´m sure if you want to use 2 operators for transports of one Queue you will need a dispatcher. In the flow tab of the Queue there ist the option "Request Transport From" and maybe you are able to set the used centerportnumber to 2 when your operator 6 goes down.
I don´t see any other way.
Am not sure, how many tasks the operator gots in his tasksequencequeue but if you only use standard without coding there shouldn´t be to many. ;-)
Old 10-20-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

To see what tasksequence is open : http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1079
Old 10-20-2010
ProcSim Consulting

Downloads: 18
shafizad is on a distinguished road

My problem is a bit more complex. this example just shows what my constraints are and how my options are limited.
let me make another example of what I have in mind:
I am looking for a way to get help from the second operator in another shift, let's say. The first one works the first hour and wants to leave the shift (still, he does what he has started). the job goes to the second operator working next shift or the same shift but just longer hours.

The thing is that if I use a dispatcher with return 0; everything would be alright beacause the dispatcher queues the tasks and delivers them upon availability. This solves my problem because OnScheduleDown, No task will be assigned and the queued tasks will be done by the available operators. My problem is that I have used some codes in PassTo of my dispatcher that make it impossible to queue tasks in the dispatcher. it means tasks are passed to the operators. now, when I want to schedule down some operators, I cannot re-take their tasks and re-assign them to others. I hope u get what my problem is.
Old 10-25-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

perhaps you can use movetasksequence(obj tasksequence, obj dispatcher),but I donot try ,you can try
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
shafizad (11-01-2010)
Old 10-25-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

yes, and then you dispatch the moved tasksequence at the other taskexecuter
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
shafizad (11-01-2010)

Tags
destroyobject, tasksequence, tasksequencequeue, timetable

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to recognize the transporter dispatched by a dispatcher? Frans Zeng Q&A 1 05-15-2010 10:02 PM
Dynamically assigning processors/people to time table Rhonda MacIntyre Q&A 7 01-28-2010 11:28 AM
Regarding the function of Time table in Flexsim Ong Wu Sheng Q&A 2 12-16-2009 08:58 AM
Dispatcher and staytime problem Lin Jincong Q&A 2 01-15-2009 08:35 PM
Can I make a column of a global table to type table? qin tian Q&A 0 10-01-2008 09:27 PM