ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-18-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
oliver xie is on a distinguished road
Default error about excelopen

hello
i want to open two excel workbooks and import some data from them when i reset model.so i wrote some codes in the reset trigger of the Dispatcher object. but when i pressed the "reset" button, the error appeared.My simplified model is in the attach file.The verision of my software is 6.0.2. Any advice is appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (112.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 05-18-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Without opening your model I would suggest you adjust the language settings to the version you use. The flexsim engine expects a standard american installation of the linked programs.

I have to adjust myself the characters for row and column, change the decimal marker.
Jörg
Old 05-18-2014
Flexsim User

hi Jörg
thanks for your reply!
i have updated my model and adjusted the language i used in the model.i also updated my model to the version 7.1.4. and about the model i want to say: if i open only one workbook,it worked all right,but if i open two step by step,the error appeared.i don't know why. please help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (68.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 05-18-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I still haven't took a look in the model. You have probably searched the forum and found this post. Maybe the mechanism works only with one open workbook. Can you think about another approach? Import all your tables to your model at simulation start and export them at simulation end.

Jörg
Old 05-18-2014
Flexsim User

hi Jörg
i have read the post and i know there is only one connection can be set up at one time. so as the post mentioned i use excelopen and excelclose(0) in pairs to control the connection between excel and flexsim. my opreating steps are:
1. open the first workbook
2. read the first workbook and get the data i need
3. close the first workbook
4. open the second workbook
5. read the second workbook and get other data i need
6. close the second workbook
these steps are acomplished by the codes in the reset trigger, step by step. i don't think AJ Bobo's post is the answer to my problem.
the other thing i want to remind is flexsim suppport multiple table import, and i think what i want to do is similar with that function.
Old 05-19-2014
Flexsim User

Hi all
I almost solve my problem. maybe excelopen and excelclose should not been used in pairs at one short time. i use two excelopen and one excelclose to import two workbook. just delete the first excelclose and then the model work all right. so i think maybe in one short time, excelclose should used at the end of the import process. i hope some expert of flexsim can explain why does this work. thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to oliver xie For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (05-19-2014)