ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-23-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Gi Cha is on a distinguished road
Default does so() refer to switch_selected() ?

why does this not work the way i want it to? create multiple racks, reference any of them and try to use contextdragconnection() to connect them. it will "select" the rack node i reference, but it seems like so() does not refer to it.

attached is a screenshot that will clarify what i'm talking about.
(in this particular model, it would connect rack1 for some reason even tho rack3 was "selected).

treenode ss1 = node("/Rack3",model());
treenode qq = node("/Queue5",model());
switch_selected(ss1,1);
contextdragconnection(so(),qq,"A");

my goal is to be able to select MULTIPLE objects (all 3 racks) and connect them to another object (such as a queue or NN), using contextdragconnection(). using switch_selected() will "select" all the objects, but i'm not sure if so() references all the selected objects...am i using the wrong command?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	selectedobject.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1144  
Old 08-23-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

so() refers to the object that was designated by the right click option Edit > Designate This Node (so). It does not refer to whether an object is selected in a red bounding box.

contextdragconnection() connects one object to one other object. You can use the groupconnectto() and groupconnectfrom() commands to connect one object to/from every selected object in the model.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Gi Cha (08-23-2010)