ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-01-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any new tasksequences? I guess you create one big tasksequence to do all the shopping but when you interrupt that shopping, do you create a new tasks and dispatch it to the taskexecuters? Because if there is nothing to do for them then there are no events created in your model and your model stops. Again build a small model and test it and post that and tell us what you want it to do.
Old 03-01-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 39
vasiliki grigorakaki is on a distinguished road

That 's a small model. I understand what you say. That makes a sence and i thought of it. I believed that when you preempt a task with a PREEMPT AND ABORT, then he would continue his other tasks.
Then, because this didn't happen in my model, i try to write again to him what to do after down state, but i don't know where i should write this. I tried in on message trigger of the shopper, but it sais invalid task.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TESTMODEL.zip (67.1 KB, 78 views)
Old 03-01-2012

Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I found your problem. In the timetable you specified CartQ as the destination where the operators had to go to. But if you look in the code behind it you will see that Flexsim starts to look in model and your CartQ is not in model but in Checkout48. So the total path is model/Checkout48/CartQ.

So in your down trigger write "Checkout48/CartQ" in stead of only CartQ. Then you will see that they all walk to the checkout.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
vasiliki grigorakaki (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012
Flexsim User

You are right.They go and then they continue. Thank you. But still there is a problem. They don't go all of them. Some of them stay where they were when the down state begun. And when i run the model for several times, sometimes they continue their tasks, other times they just travel to the checkout and stay there. How can this explained? Definetely something goes wrong.
Old 03-01-2012

With me they all go to the exit. So have you changed your small model to test it? If you have changed it and they still stop then please post your small model again with your changes.
Old 03-01-2012
Flexsim User

Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TESTMODEL2.zip (66.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 03-01-2012

Didn't you see the warning when you pressed apply?

Anyway change: node("MAIN:/project/model/Checkout48/CartQ") to "Checkout48/CartQ"
the rest of the path is already defined in the code behind the scenes
Old 03-01-2012
Flexsim User

Sorry about that. My mistake. But still they don't continue after the checkout. They stay there.
Old 03-01-2012

Ok this is a different question. Now they all go the checkout but then they have to continue to the exit. So simply open the code of your down trigger and under the delay task, write the following line:

inserttask(ts, TASKTYPE_TRAVEL, node( "/Sink9", model()), NULL, -1);

And change your abort to abort all (otherwise they continue with shopping if they arrived at the sink)

I can't post a model because you work in an older version.
Old 03-01-2012
Flexsim User

Thanks a lot. But they first have to pay, before they leave. But only the first does.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TestModel3.zip (67.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 03-01-2012

If you make the last path part non passing and give a longer down time, you are almost there I think, at least you will see that every customer waits a while at the checkout and that the customers are waiting on each other.
Old 03-01-2012
Flexsim User

Nothing works. Nevertheless thank you.
Old 03-02-2012

Can you tell me what Flexsim version you are using? Maybe I can open your model in an older version, make the changes and save them. Because your answer is quite unsatisfying
Old 03-02-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

It's 4.5 from what I can see.
Old 03-02-2012
Flexsim User

Yes. It is 4.5. And it's more complicated if you think that in my model there isn't only one checkout.

Last edited by vasiliki grigorakaki; 03-02-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-04-2012

unfortunately I don't have time now to dive deeper in your model. So a few tips for now.
Try first to let your model work with 1 operator, so that you can get the process right.
Also try to write your code in 1 place that makes it easier to debug and to find the problems.
vasiliki grigorakaki (03-04-2012)
Old 03-04-2012
Flexsim User

Thank for your help and for the time you spent.I'll try it.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Operator task sequence George Serhan Q&A 12 03-06-2012 07:19 AM
Task Sequence Profile Brandon Peterson User Development 6 09-21-2009 01:41 PM
Task Sequence Display jspeece Q&A 4 09-15-2009 09:03 AM
Task Sequence Example 1 Li Chin Q&A 4 10-27-2008 06:50 AM
Task Sequence Question David Chan Q&A 1 05-27-2008 03:56 AM