ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-11-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough
Default Ignore unavailable outputport

Hello everybody,

I want to ignore if an output-queue is unavailable (because its maximum content is reached), move a FlowItem anyways and print a error message to the output console instead of stopping the simulation.

Printing the error code with a little bit of information where, when and with which FlowItem the error occurred is not a problem.

But when I use the moveobject command, the FlowItems which I moved with the command remains in the queue and don't get processed after all the regular FlowItems have been processed.

I assume this is because there was no real incoming event in the queue, when I moved the FlowItem by command.

How can I work around this problem?

Thank you guys in advance!
Jens

Flexsim v5.1.2

Last edited by Jens Mühlheimer; 05-11-2012 at 01:06 AM. Reason: FlowItem moveobject
Old 05-11-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

What about another solution:

- set maximum content to a high value
- set the wanted maximum in a label
- in onentry you can generate a message, if the content is bigger than the value in the label

Greetings

Carsten
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Jens Mühlheimer (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't have 1 overrun queue. So if it can't go to the normal send it to the overrun queue. If necessary you can connect this queue to the normal queues again so that it continues with these items when there is space again.
Old 05-11-2012
Flexsim User

Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the idea,would definitely work.
But before I change everything I'm trying out to fiddle around with my current routine.

Is there some additional documentation to the opavailable() command? I cannot find something in the commands list.
Old 05-11-2012

Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

In case of using your current solution, have you tried to use "releaseitem" on the item that is done with moveobject?

And where have you found the opavailable command?
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ht=opavailable
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012
Flexsim User

@ Steven: I did some simple sample models and I think releaseitem in combination with moveobject will also do the trick. I give it a shot and I think I try both options.

I found the opavailable command when I looked through some of the picklist options and tried to find a solution for my problem. (I.e. Send To Port : Shortest Queue if Available)

// and I didn't find the thread Jason mentioned because I misspelled available .. facepalm - well it's friday
Old 05-11-2012
Flexsim User

Ok, I did the method using labels. Now I all errors get printed in the Output Console (I reduced the queue maxcontents to 5, so I can check if everything works).

But when I stop the model or want to reset it, Flexsim crashed and closes without any comment.

Is there a logfile or something where I can see what caused Flexim to close?
Old 05-11-2012

Open the system console and see what it writes there. Hopefully you can see something before Flexsim closes.

Tags
flowitem moveobject

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Network Node tracks last time it was unavailable Nischith Kashyap Q&A 3 02-17-2011 01:59 AM