ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 02-22-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Martin Kooijman is on a distinguished road
Default TaskExecuterFlowitems rotate now! Can I change their rotation speed?

I move TaskExecuterFlowItems with TASKTYPE_TRAVELTOLOC. In the older version the items wo'nt rotate, but now they will do. It was on my to do list, so I'm very happy with it.

Can anyone tell me how I can change the rotation speed?
Old 02-25-2008
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

If I remember right, the rotation speed is an internal calculation based on the size of the object, so one way to achieve a different rotation speed is to change the size of the object. This will of course change the desired size for your object, but you may be able to adjust it back how you want it with the Shape Factors (i.e. offsets). This has remained an internal calculation simply because it only affects animation not statistics and in some ways it is convenient to have Flexsim figure out what the rotation speed ought to be so that the TE gets completely rotated in time. However, it might be nice to allow users access to a "fudge factor" to speed up or slow down the rotation time. For now, try messing with the object's size.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
change 3D shape of a packed flow item KelvinHo Q&A 2 02-27-2008 09:41 PM