ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-30-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Nischith Kashyap is on a distinguished road
Default Create Copy and Delete

Hi

I have 2 small issues with my model and need help please.

1. I have train.3ds image in my model, and i create copies of it at different locations for different trains. My first issue is i would like to put in code some where so that, on reset i delete only the newly created copies of the train, and i still have train.3ds in my model so that i can use it again. I tried on reset, but my train.3ds image also got deleted and i didnt have a image file to copy the 2nd time i run my model.

2. Each train has a few carriages, and i create copies of this too, i would like to distinguish between the trains, and so i would like to color my carriages with a different colour every time it is created. i tried set color but it had no significance and copies of carriages were cretaed with the same colour.

please help.........
Old 05-31-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Is your train a task executer flowitem ? If so, it should retain its shape.

Phil has posted about how to set part of a .3ds file as the Flexsim color here.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When I want to delete the connection of 'D' key generattion. syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 01-19-2011 08:05 AM
copy node juan alberto Q&A 1 01-19-2010 05:48 AM
Copy/paste problems Steven Hamoen Q&A 10 01-14-2010 08:44 AM
Copy Lables Sung Kim Tips and Tricks 3 06-04-2008 08:28 AM
Create tables on the fly AlanZhang Tips and Tricks 0 08-24-2007 06:01 PM