ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-20-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default TaskExcuter BreakTime Behavior

Hi,

Could anyone help me to build a logic for TaskExcuter break time?

My process requires an operator. At lunch break, she/he (not processor but operator associated with the machine) stops work (down). However, the operator must complete the current work before she/he leaves for break.

I thought it was a matter of simple option check, but couldn't find it in either MTBF/MTTR, or time table, or TE break. (Maybe I misunderstand the options?)

Somehow, my search in this forum didn't return anything helpful about the behavior.

Could you please give an advice of how to do? Or, if I missed a thread, could you also please let me know the thread link?

Thanks in advance.
Sung
Old 04-20-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Sung,

In this case why not have the MTBF/MTTR just send a high priority task to the operator to delay? This way the operator will still finish the current task and when done will immediately go back to the break down task.

Brandon
Old 04-20-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default ??

Hi, Brandon,

I am sorry but I don't understand what "have MTBF/MTTR send a priority to the operator" mean. Just simply puting some high number of the priority in the processor? Maybe I missed whole thing here again.
Old 04-21-2009
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Hi Sung,

I'm not sure if I understand the problem. In my eyes it's working
if you only set the objects to lunch break because the operator can't do anything more...

I've build a small model maybe it's a help.

Carsten
Attached Files
File Type: zip Support_Breakdown.zip (37.8 KB, 222 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Scott Mackay (10-07-2009)
Old 04-21-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Sung,

First, thanks for filling out the about me section of your profile.

This model demonstrates what I was talking about. If you look at the code for the down function it is all commented. The downs are scheduled for ever 100 seconds and the down time is 25 seconds. Currently the MTBF starts when the operator finishes the down (ie 25s + finish task + travel), there are some comments in the code that will tell you how to change this so that the downs occur every 125 seconds ( 25s + 100s) after the prior down.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: zip Operator Down Task Sequence.zip (36.2 KB, 231 views)
Old 10-07-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 22
Jamie Santa Ana is on a distinguished road
Default Still having trouble..

I basically have the same question Sung had in his original post. I need the operators to finish their current task before going on their breaks. Brandon, I've taken a look at your sample model, but I'm still having trouble incorporating your logic into my model. Is there a way to achieve this in the down function of the time table parameters? I haven't had much experience with the MTBF/MTTR function, leaving me even more confused!! I've attached a sample model with a few breaks by time of day. I appreciate any help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Finish task before break.zip (127.6 KB, 197 views)
Old 10-09-2009
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie,
Your model is working fine. It just so happens that your processors' cycle times are all exactly 5 minutes. This causes all of the gates in the model to circumstantially finish their process times at almost the exact same time, which also happens to be right about the same time the operators go on break. So the operators do finish whatever they're doing, it just happens that they finish right at the same time they go down. If you add some variability to your process times, this coincidence disappears.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Jamie Santa Ana (10-09-2009)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
strange behavior of ts prioity? zhang xin Q&A 7 03-23-2009 02:32 AM