ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-05-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Uri Schtalheim is on a distinguished road
Default revolving door

Hi every one

did some one modeled a revolving door yet? I want to build a modell where the door ist turning with random speed and has periods of closed and open.

thanks uri
Old 02-10-2009
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coding a turnstile

Hi Uri,

Is this for a task executer (TE) travelling on a network? As you describe periods of closed and open it sounds a bit more like a turnstile. I've not modelled this but here's how I would go about it:

You can represent path through the turnstile as a path between two network nodes, and delay the operator by closing the nodeedge that leads through the turnstile. You'd do this when the operator arrives at the network node. When the closed time has passed you can then open the node edge and let the TE through. This could be done using a delayed message. To make it more visually convincing, you could start a rotating kinematic on a turnstile shape when you release the operator so that it revolves 90 degrees as the operator passes through. You may need some more flags to record if the turnstile has finished rotating before you let the (next) operator through. You'd also need a message to stop the kinematic after the delaytime.

If you're new to kinematics then the online help describes it well. The functions 'closenodeedge' and 'opennodeedge' are documented in the commands help.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Jason
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Uri Schtalheim (02-19-2009)
Old 02-18-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough
Default Flags

Hi

I am just starting to look at kinematics and saw this post. It gave me an idea to look at a high speed roller shutter door, we have many of these at our plant. I looked through the intermediate kinematics notes from the Flexsimposium and managed to pull this little model together.

My question is regarding flags (Jason mentions these). I would like a flag to say the door is at the top of its stroke so open the node edge and let the TE walk past. Currently I am just using a delayed message to make it look like it works properly.

Can someone help please?

Anthony
Attached Files
File Type: zip My Roller Shutter Door.zip (62.9 KB, 241 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Timmiss For This Useful Post:
Uri Schtalheim (02-19-2009)
Old 02-18-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 21
Lolke Koopmans is on a distinguished road

Hi Anthony,

I had a quick look at your model and I have some tips to help you further:
- you almost have the complete code to get it working that the person waits for the door to be at the top.
You have something like: double endtime = addkinematic ( .....
you can use this endtime for the senddelayedmessage, since the addkinematic returns the time that it is ready. So: senddelayedmessage ( current, endtime - time(), current,

- I miss the function 'initkinematics'. It seems to work fine without, but you can use this to initialize the starting situation for the kinematics.

- Right now the door is actually opening when the person is at the fromt of the door, but also if he has passed the door. You can use 'fromedge' to check the direction the person is coming from.

- The flag you are talking about is normally use to know if the kinematics has to be updated. So set the flag (any label will do) to 1 at the start of the kinematic and to 0 at the end (and at reset!). Now you can check for this flag at OnDraw: if ( flag == 1 ) updatekinematics

Hope this will help!

Regards,
Lolke
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolke Koopmans For This Useful Post:
Jason Lightfoot (02-19-2009)
Old 02-19-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough
Default Roller Shutter Door

Here is the model with the changes I made based on the help I received from Lolke.

Thanks for the help.

Anthony
Attached Files
File Type: zip My Roller Shutter Door1.zip (55.1 KB, 254 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Timmiss For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-19-2009)
Old 08-12-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default useing tasksqueue achieves this kind of kinematics

hi,i use tasksqueue to achieve this kind of kinematics。Just for fun,it proved flexsim more flexible and more powerful
Attached Files
File Type: zip yundong.zip (78.8 KB, 204 views)