ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-13-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default a Complex tasks,how coordinate op and Transporter

i want a Transporter take pallet from a source and go to a queue and wait,then the op take some box to the pallet,then Transporter go to sink.
a simple model,i do not want to use coordinate tasksquence .Details see model thank you .
Attached Files
File Type: zip te2.zip (41.8 KB, 224 views)

Last edited by LINWEIXU; 08-13-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 08-13-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Linwei,

I thought I let you know, that I will not reply on your post and try to fix your model. There are different reason why and I will not wrote all of them down but I like to give you an idea:
- I do not think that the purpose of the community is to fix someones model.
- For sure not if the person does not describe what is the problem and what the person already tried to fix it.
- Good Thread are threads where people describe their problem and the community can gives hints and help by just reading the post. It is not necessary to open the model.
- I think the idea of the community is that people learn from each other and help each other.
- A thread with title: what is wrong with my model, I have a problem, I found an issue, etc. is not very good, because nobody knows what it is about. It will not be found with the search functionality.
- It also helps if there are comments in the code.
- How can someone help if he did not know what the task is?
- etc.

So if you want that the community helps you, it would be a good idea to make your issue understandable for the community and also easy findable for the future.
I am not sure how other see this, but that's my opinion.

Looks like I am offtopic, which is a bad thing for a moderator, but I guess it is okay in terms of future threads and posts.
Old 08-13-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

you are right i change it thank you
Old 08-13-2009
Flexsim User

Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Linwie,

you have several things in your code where you create the tasksequence. That's why it is not working. I will give you some hints, but not a final solution.
The main issue in my eyes is that it seems that you did not know that there is a difference between tasktype frload/frunload and load/unload. It depends if you try to load or unload on a FixedResource (fr) or on a taskexecuter. Please see the manual for help.
If I fix this in your model than I have problems with some pointers (pointer to item, pointer to pallet, pointer to taskexeucter).
As I understand you want that the operators load boxes and unload them to the pallet on the transporter. Take care that the pointer are correct and use load and unload instead of frload and frunload. I guess, then you model will work.

Good success.
Old 08-15-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

hi I rebuilt a model,I try my best.sometimes it works very well,sometimes there is something wrong .i do not know why?
Attached Files
File Type: zip tssy1.zip (30.3 KB, 187 views)
Old 08-17-2009
Flexsim User

Linwei,

This the last time I answer a question in this thread and similar threads of you about task sequences if I do not see any progress.
Why do you open different threads for the same issue/task?

In the beginning of this thread you say you do not want to use a coordinate tasksequence. Why not, if this is a good way to finish your task?

You say your models sometimes work and sometimes not. This not really a good information, because I still do not know, when your model is working and when it does not do what you expect. You should be more precise in your questions and give the community information to be able to help you.
It should not be necessary to open your model to understand your questions. This should be already clear from reading the thread/post itself.

Anyway, I guess the problem in your model is that you in the OnEntry of the Queue send a message to create a tasksequence for the operator to load boxes on the pallet. Here you use a loop. But you do not control the input of the Queue or take care that the same boxes get loaded again. That is in my eyes your problem. So it happens that you try to load the same boxes again.
Old 08-17-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you Tom David,Meeting you is my lucky,you are right,but i find another problem,and l solve it,I think you help me in great progress,Thank deeply.I think some things are hard to describe,So I often upload model,I think others prefer to see model,Through the study of the model,Beginners will make progress faster.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Urban Legends Final Cut.zip (76.2 KB, 202 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Tom David (08-17-2009)
Old 08-17-2009
Flexsim User

It is okay that you upload your model, because that’s normally a good start if someone likes to help you. My point was that you should describe in the post itself better what you are trying to do and what you already tried. Like said, from reading the post it should be possible to help you without opening the model.
Anyway, I am glad that finally our model is working and thanks for sharing it with the community.