ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-10-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about
Default State Waiting for Operator

Hi,
installed FS 4.5 and build a small modell. As there is no more processor MTBF/MTTR I used the MTBF/MTTR table. In the model should be a state 'Waiting for operator' seen in the processors, but it´s not. So did I do something wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: zip State_Waiting_for_OP.zip (38.2 KB, 260 views)
Old 01-11-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Nico,

I am not sure, but I guess that the state Waiting for Operator is meant if a processor needs an operator for Setup or the Process.

At MTBF and MTTR the object is stopped with stopobject() and a tasksequence is generated to get operators. So the set state is Breakdown.
I guess, if you need to have the state Wating for Operator, you should set the state by yourself, which is not really easy, because we know when the waiting starts, but not when the operator arrives.
This could be solved by e.g. sending a message in the tasksequence when the travel of the operator is over. There is already a synctask() for the travel. So I guess another synctask() is needed than for the message.

I am pretty sure, that you understand what I mean and are able to solve it.
It would be nice, if you have solved it, if you could post the model or the code.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

All this sounds in a way complicated, so maybe the pick list option or a new picklist option should cover also the possibility to set different states.

Old 01-11-2009
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Nico,
The best solution to this problem, in my opinion, is to just call stopobject twice, once with the waiting for operator state, and once with the breakdown state, with the waiting for operator state given higher priority, so that when both stops are requested, the waiting for operator state takes precedence. Then you finish the stop request for the waiting state once all the operators have arrived. I've made some simple adjustments to the picklist to add this capability.
Attached Files
File Type: zip State_Waiting_for_OP_Fix.zip (24.4 KB, 241 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Tom David (01-12-2009)
Old 01-12-2009
Technical Support Manager

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Jeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really nice

Nico,

Do you mean the "Use Operator(s) for Process box? I noticed in your model that you don't have that box checked. It is on the Processor tab in the middle of the screen. If you click that box, then the processor goes into the "Waiting for Operator" state just like you describe.
Old 01-12-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Jeff,

First I thought the same as you, that there should be ticks for Use Operator(s) for Process, etc. But then I had a look into the picklist in MTBF/MTTR and understood what Nico meant. There is an option, that you can call an operator to fix the MTBF and if the operator is on his way the state of the processor is already Breakdown. Nico wants to have here state Waiting for operator. The solution for this is in Anthony’s post and model. And as usual he is doing it in an elegant way and not as complicate as I had try to solve it. That’s why I thanked him for his post and model.
Old 01-12-2009
Technical Support Manager

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Jeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really nice

Tom, thank for the explanation.
Old 01-15-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about

Yes, thank you Tom....thats what I ment..

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
State report based on the operational time Simon Farsah Q&A 8 06-07-2011 01:42 AM
Waiting to dispatch other task. Enver Burak KORCAK Q&A 2 09-15-2008 04:39 AM
State files and global variables Markus Bans Q&A 3 07-08-2008 12:22 PM
Opening of FlexSim State Files Fadhlullah Bin Rahmat Q&A 0 02-18-2008 04:57 AM
State Graph in Model Control GUI Tom David Q&A 4 11-21-2007 12:50 AM