ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 05-31-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
luis quinones is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with the reset button FS 5.0

Hi, I am having a little problem with the reset button on FS 5.0 . The problem is:
1) I drag an object on the 3D view and place it for example on the (0, 0, 0) position
2) I click on the reset button (nothing happens as expected)
3) I move the object to the position (7,7,7)
4) I click again on the reset button and then the object automatically moves to his original position (0,0,0)
I am working on Vista and I installed the software un C//Flexsim5.
Thanks,
Luis Quinones
Old 05-31-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I am not sure, what you mean by 2) … nothing happens as expected …

What I guess what is going on is, that you set a reset position for the object (right click / Edit / Set Object Reset Position). If you now move the object and press Reset, it will jump to the Reset Position.
You can check the Reset Position in the tree under Variables / resetposition. Just delete the node in the tree, if you want to get rid of the Reset Position. Or use the Edit Selected Objects and Clear the Reset Position.

I hope this helps, if not, please try to explain a bit more clear what is not working as expected.
Old 06-01-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

In the Flexsim 5.0.0 evaluation version, it set the reset position of the objects automatically when you save the model to ensure repeatability. This has been removed in the latest version.

You can use Tom's suggestion about the right-click option Edit > Set Object Reset Position or the Edit Selected Objects window to change the reset positions.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 08-27-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-26-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
JMEngelhart is on a distinguished road
Default Similar Reset Issues

I have seen similar issues with Reset in V5. It appears that you sometimes have to click Reset twice to get everything to apply. This is especially true when you have copied variables from one object to another.

Doing the double reset seems to work consistently.
Old 08-26-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I expect that you have to take a good look at your code and see if you use the setrank command or change object positions in the tree in a different way.

Because the reset simply walks through the tree and that way if you move an object into a tree position that is already passed in the reset loop, the resettrigger of that object will not be executed. So a second reset is necessary to execute all code.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (08-27-2010)

Tags
reset

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Create Network Node At Reset Sung Kim Q&A 1 04-13-2010 08:42 AM
Set Arrival Sequence on reset with global table Patrick Cap Q&A 5 04-08-2009 11:12 PM
Button in model view Nico Zahn Q&A 8 04-02-2009 12:21 PM
Set reset position Martijn van Oostenbrugge Q&A 1 02-25-2008 11:48 AM
adding a button on the tool bar Pablo Concha Q&A 4 09-13-2007 10:46 AM