ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-26-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Fluid model:

Hi

I would like to model the following situation with the fluid object.

150kg of the fluid material entered into a mixer and the mixing process takes about 60min. After which the material is discharged into a tank which is 50 kg each. However, the discharge took place only once every 3 days. Therefore the material will not be able to entered into mixer until the material is discharged.

How do I model this?

Thanks

David
Old 07-26-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Goksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fluid Model

Hello,

I don't think I understood the question clearly, but it sounds like this could work:
  • "OnReset", close the output port(s) of the 50-kg tank.
  • "OnFull" trigger, also close the input port of the same tank.
  • In addition, "OnFull" make the tank to send a message (or messages) to itself (3 days later? etc.) and set the "OnMessage" trigger to open the appropriate ports (depending on the message parameters.)
Again, there might be a problem the way I understood the question, but hopefully this helps.

Good luck, GY

Last edited by Goksin Yilmaz; 07-26-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Change from "50-gallon" to "50-kg"

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simulati report for model with Fluid object David Chan Q&A 1 07-26-2008 03:42 AM
Fluid model Liu Bin Q&A 1 07-18-2008 02:27 AM
Fluid Blender tsconcept Q&A 4 09-13-2007 12:39 AM