ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-10-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 0
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default can't be pull in port#2 in combine object

Hi.

I can't solve the problem not to pull the specific flowitem from port#2 in combine objects.

Five combiners are connected in straight line and one queue provides the sub flowitem to the input port#2 of each combiner.

The queue creates the five type items in random.

Itemtype #1 should be pulled in the first combiner and #2 item be pulled to the second combiner .....

The first combiner do it well but the flow item stop before the second combiner.

I attach the model.

I want to know the reason.

I need your help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip step_by_step_Combine.zip (32.9 KB, 122 views)
Old 07-11-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think the reason is the order of Items in your Queue. Even setting the send to port option in the Queue to your logic doesn´t help.
What if you set some more Queues for every Itemtype, and this way every combiner?
Old 07-11-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Syseo,

Try to deselect the pull requirement of the combiners and choose the 'By Expression' option on the 'Send to port' option of your queue, i think this will solve your problem.

Esther
Old 07-11-2011
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

You can do what Ester i suggesting.

If you want to use Pull on the combiner you need to have Pull From Port set to Any Port otherwise the Tote will never go to next Combiner.
Then you should have following code in Pull Requirement
Code:
if (port==2)
    return getitemtype(item) == type;
else
    return 1;
I have done changes to your model, see attached model.

Lars-Olof
Attached Files
File Type: fsm step_by_step_Combine_LOL.fsm (32.5 KB, 131 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
syseo (07-11-2011)
Old 07-11-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello syseo,

the pull strategy works on all items going in the combiner. Therefore Pull from Port is set to any port or return 0;
you can choose in Pull Requirement which item is accepted. But you receive two items: one from port two, which should be of a specific itemtype and one from port one, which has no condition.
eg Pull Requirement:

if (port == 2)
return getitemtype(item == 2); // change the specific itemtype
else return 1;

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 07-11-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Lars-Olof was faster

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is there a command which will return the port no. of a connected object? KelvinHo Q&A 6 04-22-2010 02:13 AM
Further Pull Rules! Alan Pope Q&A 1 04-15-2010 09:30 AM
Pull rule Alan Pope Q&A 4 04-15-2010 07:46 AM
Command to check the status of an object's port KelvinHo Q&A 3 01-14-2010 12:57 AM
Flexsim and Linear Programming: How to combine? Goksin Yilmaz Q&A 3 05-02-2008 01:35 AM