ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-13-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Robert Liu is on a distinguished road
Default Question about coordinate system in Flexsim.

In my model, the buckets always up the surfaces of conveyor and rack. I had set the “position, rotation, and size” of bucket in FlowItemBin and “Orient Y””Product Z Offset” in Conveyor3. But after bucket left conveyor, the position was not correct in rack. I could not understand the relations of coordinate system among Flexsim sys, FlowItemBin, conveyer and rack….
Who can help me? Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip buckets storage.zip (36.1 KB, 151 views)
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
oliver xie is on a distinguished road

hi:
I have seen the model and made some changes. now I think the model works like you want it to do. one thing you must pay attention to is you should make sure the x/y/z direction of the flowitem is the same as the x/y/z direction of the model. so that the systerm will know exactly which sizes of item should been used.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm buckets storage 2.fsm (591.5 KB, 135 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to oliver xie For This Useful Post:
Robert Liu (07-19-2011)
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Oliver,

you can change the position, rotation and size of the shape (edit shape factors), further on you can change the postion, rotation and size of the flexsim object (general tab ;e.g. a flowitem). The shape should mostly fit in the surrounding box of the object already with the shape factors.
You can change the attributes on the OnExit-Trigger
setrot(item,0,0,0); // change the rotation of the flowitem back to the normal values on Exit in the conveyor, if you set Orient Y, Orient Z.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Robert Liu (07-19-2011)
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
oliver xie is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hello Jörg
Thanks for your reply. but i have tried this method in the model i have post and it did well. Thank you anyway.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
system console problem ? LINWEIXU Q&A 16 06-18-2010 03:25 AM
changed the Flexsim server Operate System Dane Lee Q&A 2 05-24-2010 10:26 AM
coordinate axis juan alberto Q&A 1 11-24-2009 03:03 AM
Flexsim Simulation System Demo Video David Chan Marketing and Sales Information 1 06-08-2009 09:25 AM
I want flexsim to provide the features for the lean system... syseo Gripes and Goodies 2 05-23-2008 07:45 PM