ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 04-30-2015
Ismail Benabicha

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Close or open the output for the source

Hello,

I have different sources which produce different objects, and each source is connected to a queue. My question is: How to send a message to the source to close or open the output for the source? (so that source produces when the queue is empty)
And my other question is : For example i want my source to produce a maximum content of 60 objects, how can i stop the source from producing once it has produced 60 objects?

Any suggestions?

Greetings.
Old 04-30-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Source producing only 60:
-Select "arrival sequence" as Arrival Style and set quantity column of first line on 60
-Select "arrival schedule" as Arrival Style and set quantity column of first line on 60

Source only producing when queue is empty:
-Make queue size 1, then it will only produce next one if this one is being removed from queue
- use batching and flush contents between batch, the it will only start producing when queue is empty
- use the onentry triggers and onexit triggers of the queue to determine when you want to close and open the output of the source and simply use closeoutput and openoutput
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (04-30-2015)
Old 04-30-2015
Ismail Benabicha

Downloads: 0

Thank you for your answers, that was very helpful.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Close and Open ports in Processor every 80 seconds? Gaurav Majumdar Q&A 2 07-17-2013 11:19 AM
How to open/close a single port in objects Manoj Kumar Q&A 12 04-23-2013 07:21 AM
Close port juan alberto Q&A 14 07-16-2009 05:00 AM
How to open/close processor when there is a long queue Lilian_wulp Q&A 5 12-03-2008 08:51 AM
Close A Specific Port Joe Allen Q&A 2 09-11-2008 06:30 PM