ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > Flexsim CT > Container Terminal (CT) Library
Downloads

Old 04-06-2011
FlexSim Distributor

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0
Flavio Brito is on a distinguished road
Default Optimization on CT

Hi,

I'm tring to figure out the optimum number of trucks for a CT model (attached), to do it I need to create a variable to make a reference from OptQuest or Experimenter then change it value. On GP I did it and worked properly, but in CT something is wrong, the "Gang1" outports is closed, but all the trucks are working normaly.

Someone know why it is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Flavio.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Optimization on CT.zip (153.6 KB, 174 views)
Old 04-06-2011
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can use the gang's "usenroftrucks" label to control how many trucks are operational.

In the gang's gui, the value of this label is shown in the Operational Number of Trucks field.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Flavio Brito (04-06-2011)
Old 04-08-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
real user is on a distinguished road
Default FlexsimCT

Is anyone knows: How can I change the GatePlanner assignment. I would like to assign the Trucks to go to the Block2 instead of Block1. Is it possible to assign the dispatcher to move the container from Block 1 to Block 2 instead of ship?!!
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2.zip (189.2 KB, 155 views)
Old 04-08-2011
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

To assign containers to different blocks, you should use Block Assignments under Yard Planner, not Gate Planner. The location of container will determine where trucks go.

Please take a look at the attached model. I put import containers in Block 2 and export containers in Block 1 by changing the rules in Block Assignment. I made some connections to network nodes as well so that blocks can be reachable by trucks. And I also made changes in Resource Assignment under Yard Planner to use the top-loader. Remember that the rules under Block Assignments and Resource Assignments work like a search table. Flexsim CT search the rows from the top to the bottom, whenever it finds a match, it will execute that row. This is the basic concept to use the two assignment tabs.

It seems you also want to move containers from block 1 to block 2 to have yard trucks only use Block 1 while gate trucks use Block 2. You might be able to use Relocate under Yard Operations in Yard Planner to relocate containers from one block to the other. However this will require to use yard resources. So why not just put the containers to its final locations at the first place to avoid re-handling?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2-az.zip (179.8 KB, 233 views)
real user (04-11-2011)
Old 04-11-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
real user is on a distinguished road
Smile Thanks

Thank you for your usefull post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanZhang View Post
To assign containers to different blocks, you should use Block Assignments under Yard Planner, not Gate Planner. The location of container will determine where trucks go.

Please take a look at the attached model. I put import containers in Block 2 and export containers in Block 1 by changing the rules in Block Assignment. I made some connections to network nodes as well so that blocks can be reachable by trucks. And I also made changes in Resource Assignment under Yard Planner to use the top-loader. Remember that the rules under Block Assignments and Resource Assignments work like a search table. Flexsim CT search the rows from the top to the bottom, whenever it finds a match, it will execute that row. This is the basic concept to use the two assignment tabs.

It seems you also want to move containers from block 1 to block 2 to have yard trucks only use Block 1 while gate trucks use Block 2. You might be able to use Relocate under Yard Operations in Yard Planner to relocate containers from one block to the other. However this will require to use yard resources. So why not just put the containers to its final locations at the first place to avoid re-handling?