ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-16-2010
TMN Simulation -Australia

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
michaelsmith will become famous soon enough
Default Distributions in Flexsim

I have been applying deveral Distributions to a flexsim model and I have found the documentation a little fragmented.

Can anybody enlighten me as to the parameters for the lognormal2 distribution (Location = Offset, Scale & Shape??)

Also why has the lognormal function been depriciated?

Cheers

Mike
Old 06-16-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was change in the Expertfit parameters for logNormal which meant a new function in order to use them directly and not break compatibility with models that used the old parameters. From the command help:

lognormal() and lognormal2() are similar functions, but with different parameter definitions. lognormal() uses parameter definitions as defined on wikipedia and other sites. lognormal2() uses parameters as defined in the latest versions of Expertfit.

Essentially if you currently use Expertfit to generate the parameters, you should use lognormal2.

If you need to convert between the two, then the command help describes how to do that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (06-16-2010)

Tags
distribution

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Explanation of empirical, cempirical and dempirical distributions Cliff King Q&A 0 01-04-2008 12:12 PM