ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-05-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Paul Dowling is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble with mergesort...

Hi All,

I am having trouble with the mergesort and was hopeing someone might be able to help me. I have attached a picture that shows what happens, basically a little loop of totes form around one end of the mergesort (half the loop on conveyor, the other half on air). When this error occurs, totes stop entering and exiting the mergesort at all locations.

I imagine that i have some bug in my coding somewhere, but cannot find anything (the bug only occurs intermittently). Does know what sort of error can cause this? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, this is part of a very big project that needs to be done ASAP.

Thanks

Paul

EIDT: Should also mention it appears to freeze the entire model- The only think moving is totes moving around the sorter, along with this little loop circling.

Note: The beginning/end of the mergesort is in the bottom left hand corner.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Screenshot.pdf (156.0 KB, 337 views)

Last edited by Paul Dowling; 02-05-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-10-2009
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul, were you able to solve this, or were you able to reproduce it in a smaller model that you could post here? I'm guessing since there's no replies that no-one has come across this.

Jason
Old 02-11-2009
Flexsim User

Hi Jason,
Thanks for getting back to me. I haven't been able to solve it, but have managed to get it to work on enough scenarios to get by for now (just kept trying reset- compile- run until successful...). Will try to reproduce it in a smaller model in next few days and post.

Regards
Paul

Note: Additionally, problem occurs in both 4.02 and 4.5
Old 02-11-2009
Flexsim User

I cannot post the model (or a significant part thereof) on the forum due to a customer confidentiality agreement. If someone from flexsim is willing to take a look I would be very appreciative and could email the model (I understand you yourselves have confidentiality policies regarding such things).

Thanks

Paul
Old 02-12-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

If you want Flexsim guys to look at it, you should send it to Flexsim support.
Old 02-13-2009
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,
Check to make sure that you're not transporting into the mergesort. You should never transport into the mergesort because availability of input points is time-sensitive, so the mergesort isn't designed to handle a delay for transport. Parts going into the mergesort should come directly from fixedresources, and should not use elevators, operators, transporters etc. If you want to use a transport, transport into a conveyor that then feeds the mergesort.
Hope this helps,
Good Luck,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Efrain Marchena (07-27-2012)
Old 02-23-2009
Flexsim User

Jeff kindly found a solution to my problem, I was trying to open/ close ports using the onentry and onexit triggers of the sorter...

Thanks

Paul

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not overlapping when MergeSort Conveyor... syseo Q&A 0 10-26-2008 07:24 AM
MergeSort Spacing Rule For Recirculation Sung Kim Q&A 2 01-21-2008 09:26 AM