ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-21-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 0
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default How to make three proessors max throughput.

I want to know how to make three processors max throughput in the attached model and snapshot process.

In more detail,
Two type items are stacked in the rack.
One of them enters in Proc_In via ASRS.
Robot transfer the flowitem type 1 to Proc1_type1,
and the flowitem type 2 to Proc2_type2 or Proc3_type2.

After the item processed, type 1 flowitem move to sink1 via Proc_Out and ASRS, and type 2 move to sink2 via Proc_Out and ASRS.

I want to know how to PICK from Rack one of the flowitem 1 or 2 to be first finished in the three processor of Proc1, Proc2 and Proc3.

How can I do it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-05-21_210747.jpg (511.1 KB, 55 views)
Attached Files
File Type: fsm ex1.fsm (27.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 05-22-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hello syseo,
The easiest thing is to choose the picklist option for the entry trigger "Sort by expression" from the rack. .I have attached the model with the changes i made.
In the "Sort by expression" I choose Ascending order and I used this code for the expression getlabelnum(item,"Rank").This will cause all the flowitems to be sorted by their Rank label,with 1 being the first to leave the rack up to the highest Rank label number.This will cause everything of a specified rank number to leave rack in the order they arrived.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm ex1(2).fsm (26.6 KB, 392 views)

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 12-15-2014 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Uploaded attachment
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (05-22-2014)
Old 05-24-2014
Flexsim User

Default Hi. Sagar. What did you do?

Hello.
You maybe looks like not to understand my model's meaning.
Your model file show only one processor is running and other two processors are idle.

What did you think about this model?

I can't understand your meaning.
Old 05-24-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello syseo,

in my opinion Sagar's model contains exactly what you have asked for. Maybe you give us a bit more precise description what your model should do.
Then someone might share a solution with you.

Jörg
Old 05-24-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hello syseo,
If you want to have items on three processors than you remove the specific item option from processors and choose Array of items Types and give types1,2(or dont select).Select By percentage option in Proc_IN and give your own even percentage of values,then you will get what you want.Is this the model you are looking for?

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 12-15-2014 at 05:25 AM. Reason: lost attachment
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (05-24-2014)
Old 05-24-2014
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I want to know how to PICK from Rack one of the flowitem 1 or 2 to be first finished in the three processor of Proc1, Proc2 and Proc3.

How can I do it?
Have you tried to pull the flowitems in the processor proc_in?
The bottleneck will become the asrs during simulation run. If the processor proc_out is waiting for transport, you can change the priority of the already dispatched tasksequences in tasksequencequeue of the asrs. Or you set the outgoing tasksequences to a higher priority than the tasksequences from the rack.

Jörg
Old 05-26-2014
Flexsim User

Default Yes. Your guide is same with my suggestion to my customer. But I am looking another method like...

Thank you for your consideration.

What I am looking for is the process_in TO PROVIDE the needed items in sequence of each finishing time of three processors.

They said their MES server calcuate three procssors finishing time and proc_in picks the needed item from the rack according to the items in sequence to be finished time of three processors.

Three processors send to the rack the order messages of finishing time each and rack sorts the orders according to the finishing time.
And then send the needed items.

Is it possible?

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2014
Flexsim User

Hello syseo,

if I understand you correctly, you want to minimize the time an item travels to the processor proc_in. This already traveled item could be waiting at proc_in at the exit. You want a forecast. You know, that can result in a dangerous situation, if a randomly event has an effect on your forecast.
To prevent such situation you set a queue in front of the pro_in, which queues all the itemtypes the following processors could process. Otherwise you dispatch an own created tasksequence as the time, when you know the asrs will arrive rightly at the proc_in. Therefore you have to calculate the travel time previously. Another option is that you let the loaded asrs give an utilize task at the network node at the proc_in and free him when the proc_in gets empty. But with this method you can run in blocking the model, if the processor area cannot sent an item out of the area.

You have decide between minimized traveling times and so maximized output and maximized stability of you model.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
sagar bolisetti (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Hello Syseo,

if I understand correctly, you want to pull the next itemtype, which will be needed in Proc 1, 2 or 3 to Proc_In BEFORE it is needed.
Just write the time it takes to process an item into a global table for each of the three processors in the Process Time field before returning the value.
Then you can search this table for the earliest process finish time on Proc_In and pull the specific itemtype in the PullRequirement field.

Is this enough of help to get you started?
This of course only works, if there are no breakdowns on Proc 1, 2 and 3.

Best wishes

Ralf
FlexSim
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
syseo (05-29-2014)
Old 05-28-2014
Flexsim User

Hello Syseo,

in addition to Ralf's post I have changed the capacity of the Proc_in to 2. But then there has to be a method to actually prevent the ASRS-Vehicle to transport an item in the Processor, when there is still one item in the processor. I managed this with a utilize task in the ASRS-Vehicle. When the processed item exits the ASRS-Vehicle gets freed.
You can say the ASRS-Vehicle becomes a mobile queue with the capacity of one.
The same procedure I uses at the robot and the Proc1_type1. So i can prevent to get the model totally blocked.
The processor area pulls preferred items with a type of two. The priority of the leaving items are higher then any other tasksequence in the area.
The global table is exchanged by two labels in the Proc_in.
If you want to watch the behaviour of the utilize tasks in action you can set the load and unload time of the robot each to 25 seconds.

ex1_JV.fsm

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 03:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (05-28-2014)
Old 05-29-2014
Flexsim User

Smile You said what I want to do.

Thanks. Ralf.

You said exactly what I want to do.
I will try to make the model and I make the result of it uploaded.

Thanks.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to make a custom GUI mearjun Q&A 8 07-29-2013 09:36 AM
How to make a FR travel? dalin cai User Development 3 10-10-2011 11:52 PM
Who knows what soft make this LINWEIXU Q&A 0 07-05-2010 05:44 AM
How to make a subroutine? Enver Burak KORCAK Q&A 1 08-18-2008 08:30 AM
Make this GUI the Default Ortho GUI jellyboy Q&A 1 03-13-2008 09:11 AM