ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-28-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all
Default Actual Content vs Time

Hello,

I would like to make a content vs time diagram on my dashboard, that is event based instead of interval based.
The default content vs time diagram seems to pull the current content on the defined interval, but I would like to update the graph on every entry / exit of i.e. a queue, is this possible?
With a chart of a tracked variable I can't seem to draw a line graph and if I have a lot of objects in my model, I would have to define a tracked variable for every object.

I actually have all the values of a custom object in the stats_contentgraph as a bundle, but I cant seem to draw the values of this bundle as a line graph where the time (x value) is in the first field of the bundle and the content (y value) is in the second field of the bundle. So a way to draw these points the way the content vs time line graph is made, would also work.

Esther
Old 04-02-2014
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Esther,
Right now tracked variables are the only way to do it. You can draw a line graph by setting the tracked variable up with the same settings as the Work in Progress tracked variable.
Anthony
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (04-02-2014)
Old 04-03-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Anthony,

I solved it another way, leave the interval time 0 and update the timedata node on the moments I have an update, works like a charm.

Esther
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
Tom David (04-04-2014)

Tags
content vs time, dashboard

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dashboard Graph Content vs Time for Fluid object Abdul Mirza Q&A 3 05-10-2013 08:29 AM
Efficient way to analyze queue content over time Jens Mühlheimer Q&A 15 07-02-2012 12:27 AM
Content table juan alberto Q&A 1 10-19-2009 03:29 AM
Batch/Max Content Gavin Douglas Q&A 4 07-09-2008 12:28 AM
How to use the actual date/time data in Arrival Schedule Mode of Source syseo Q&A 0 10-12-2007 08:22 PM