ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-24-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Simon Moosbrugger is on a distinguished road
Default Simulation time independent of socket communication

hey..

I implemented a socket communication in Flexsim to a control software system.I have to send an request to
the control system to get the next order which I have to settle in Flexsim. Due to the fact that it takes some
time to handle and edit these requests in the control system there is a delay. This delay gains higher
impact the higher the simulation speed gets - logically. Is there any way to pause the simulation (time), then
do the socket communication and receiving the order and then continuing the simulation (time)?

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-24-2014
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

You can start and stop the simulation run with applicationcommand("run") and applicationcommand("stop").

I'm not sure why you have a delay problem?! If you use clientreceive() with his parameter noblock=0, flexsim freezes until the communication is done.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Tom David (04-28-2014)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Displaying the simulation time with the various date/time formats. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 12 11-12-2012 08:01 AM
Simulation Start Time Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 04-14-2010 09:02 AM
Testing socket communication Nico Zahn Q&A 10 12-22-2008 12:17 PM
Socket communication Nico Zahn Q&A 12 11-24-2008 10:10 AM
different simulation time by using different run speeds Jörg Vogel Q&A 5 09-19-2008 09:57 AM