ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-08-2011
FlexSim Distributor

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0
Flavio Brito is on a distinguished road
Default FlexsimChart Error

Hi,

I`m trying to create a report through FlexsimChart, but the message "An exception occurred while creating table "Globals"" appear.

Someone know why it is happening?

"Print screen" is attached.

Best Regards,

Flavio Brito.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	FlexsimChart Error.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	555.3 KB
ID:	1406  
Old 06-09-2011
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

Are there any other messages that appear? Is anything printed to the system console?
Old 06-13-2011
FlexSim Distributor

The only message printed on "System Console" is that in picture attached on my previous post.
Old 06-14-2011

Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

Does it work with exporting data from a simple model? If so, then the problem is in the model. Otherwise, does the file Flexsim5\program\FlexsimDBExport.dll exist? The code that displays that message uses that dll.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (06-15-2011)
Old 06-20-2011
FlexSim Distributor

Hi Alex,

The model is attached, the problem appear when I try to get a report from FlexsimChart, the most of time the first report works properly and the problem start to appear from the third attempt at the same model (after the first time, try to reset the model, run it again and try to get a report). I have already tried to reinstall Flexsim on my computer but unsuccessfully.

And the file Flexsim5\program\FlexsimDBExport.dll exist!!

I appreciate your help.

Best regards

Flavio Brito.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Flexsim Chart Error.zip (102.3 KB, 124 views)
Old 06-23-2011

There was a bug with the statistics gathering when flowitems are packed into other flowitems by a combiner and then destroyed by a sink. This has been fixed for the next release, but until then there are a few workarounds:
1) use a queue with a large capacity to hold all flowitems instead of a sink. This won't destroy the flowitems, but may take up a lot of memory if you have a lot of flowitems.
2) set the combiners to join instead of pack. This way you will lose the smaller flowitems.
I hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2011
FlexSim Distributor

Hi Alex,

In the model flowitems with contents are not destroyed they are stored on Queue.

There only 4 sink's on this model, and they all have the responsability to destroy only the containers (the box on first level of line, and the pallet on second, it is defined on Separator (the Monitor on the table)), the contents are packed into other container (pallet) after the process to identificate and separate the itemtype, and finaly stored in the queue with a large capacity (the queue is the last object of the model, which the only function already is hold all flowitems.).

Anyway, I've tried to use queue instead of sink on all process, and the problem wasn't fixed.

The second option are not possible because I need to use whole flowitem (including smaller items) on other process.

There is any other solution?

Case it was fixed on your computer, could you send me this model please?

THX.
Old 06-27-2011

You could also set the Combiner to Batch instead of Pack and then use the OnProcessFinish Trigger to manually place the small items in the pallet using the transfernode() command. This would not create the record of moving the item that is messing up the statistics.
Old 07-01-2011
FlexSim Distributor

I made it and initially the problem was fixed, but it started to appear again after the 2th or 3th attempt to get the report. Currently the flowitem also haven't been placed on right place on pallet, it is one on the other, do you know how to fix it automatically?

Attached is the model and the print screen of error.

THX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	FlexsimChart error.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1426  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Flexsim Chart Error.zip (227.4 KB, 133 views)
Old 07-05-2011

If something is in the wrong location, you can use setloc to move it. For example, you could use the following in an OnEntry trigger:
Code:
treenode item = parnode(1);
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
int port = parval(2);
/**Custom Code*/
if(content(current)>1)
{
	setloc(last(current),round(content(current)/4)/10-.2,((content(current)-2)%4)/10-.2,0.27);
}
And if it worked the first time but not later, what changed?
Old 07-14-2011
FlexSim Distributor

This is the problem, nothing changed!!! Only the action of reset and run the model make the report doesn't work!!

The same error happend in your pc??
Old 07-18-2011

The same error happens on my computer. The problem is that the statistics gathering keeps records of each time a flowitem is transferred from an object to another object. If a flowitem is transferred to a pallet and the pallet is destroyed, the record may or may not be valid, even if it is separated later. I think it would be easiest to just replace all the sinks with queues.