ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 07-04-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Installation problem with VISTA

Hi!

My client send me the following

"I got the following error message during installation "Installation ended
prematurely because of an error". I'm running windows vista SP 1 on a HP
laptop. However I installed it successfully on my desktop. As I do most of
my work on the laptop, I will appreciate it if you can help me out for the
installation."

Any advise from anyone of you?

David
Old 07-07-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

David,

I have Vista and didn't have any problems with the installation, I know that others have not had any problems either. The problem might not be Vista related as much as it is another problem. So, if anybody has had this problem with XP please post the reason for the problem here.

Did the user have administrative privileges? If they did I know that you can still run into problems if you don't run the setup program as the administrator. To do this you need to right click on the file and select run as administrator.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 07-07-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

David,

Maybe 2 other things to check. Has the client removed the old flexsim version before he installed the new one? (with the remove software option)
And the other is he installing from a network? Then try to copy the file locally and try it again.

I don't know if this is the solution but it might be something to look at.

Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
David Chan (07-10-2008)
Old 07-08-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

David,

probably you are running an old version of the license manager. Uninstall manually the old LM and try your new installation of flexsim.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
David Chan (07-10-2008)
Old 07-11-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

David,

Could you tell the forum if the problem is solved and what it was? That might help somebody else in the future

Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Jeff Nordgren (07-14-2008)
Old 07-16-2008
Flexsim Distributor

David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Steven,

I am sorry for the late reply, as I still cannot get hold of the client. I will update here once I have anything.

David
Old 09-07-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute
Question Same Error with Flexsim 7.0

I cannot install Flexsim 7.0 Beta on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64-Bit Workstation.
The installation ends with same Error David has got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chan View Post
Hi!

My client send me the following

"I got the following error message during installation "Installation ended
prematurely because of an error".

David
David, do you know, what to do to get Flexsim installed. Has anybody else a solution?

On this workstation runs the Lmadmin License Manager as a service. The License are updated and are in a trusted Storage. Flexsim 6 and Flexsim 5, both latest Version, are installed and are running well.
The same Problem occurs with a new downloaded installation file (32- and 64-Bit).
A restart of the workstation doesn't help.

Jörg
Old 09-09-2013
Flexsim Distributor

Jorg

Sorry for the late reply.

You will have to use the passive installation. Please read this thread. http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...14&postcount=3

David
Jörg Vogel (09-10-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim Network License Installation Guide Cliff King Installation 5 03-27-2009 04:36 AM
Visual Studio 2005/VISTA David Chan Q&A 1 01-01-2008 03:51 AM
Flickering yellow line during drag connections in Vista Dr. Eamonn Lavery Q&A 0 11-09-2007 10:48 PM
How to turn on stats history in Vista to use Record object syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:45 AM