ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-08-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Herwina Richelle Andres is on a distinguished road
Default Set-up Rule

Hi everyone!

I would like to seek your opinion on how should I build thismodel the best and easiest way possible.

On the attached file, you will see the whole process flow.

The whole rule applies to each and every machine, so I’mthinking of adding this feature to the library and use a visual tool for therepresentation of each. I’m thinking that each of the equipment status will berepresented by an object so when it gets represented at the end through achart, everything gets covered. The critical portion for me is the first set ofrules wherein a Part (A or B) is checked and if the previous set-up runoccurred <= 24 hours or for Part C, is if it had been 2 lots already. Else,all parts with a change of lot will have to perform a set-up run.

I would highly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you FlexSim Community!

Best,
Herwina Richelle Andres

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Process Flow Type 1 (Simplified).xlsx (35.1 KB, 282 views)
Old 04-09-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

you can build a a user command, which you call on setup on every processor you use.
Since you don't know, if the your processor has already the ability to store your data, you test it and build it if it isn't. For example you store it into different labels: such as last item type, last lot or lot number probably in the processor himself.
Then you set your known data into your labels.
After that you build your testing logic. The return value is the setup time.

If you need more help, please ask again.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Herwina Richelle Andres (04-16-2015)

Tags
jorg vogel

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selection of jobs based on ranking rule sagar bolisetti Q&A 7 02-10-2014 12:53 AM
Pull rule Alan Pope Q&A 4 04-15-2010 07:46 AM
MergeSort Spacing Rule For Recirculation Sung Kim Q&A 2 01-21-2008 09:26 AM