ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-08-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Patrick Cap is on a distinguished road
Default Set Arrival Sequence on reset with global table

Hi!

Simple question: I want to program the source on reset that it sets for "Arrival 1" the "Quantity" to the value of the "GlobalTable" row1 column 1 and so on for arrival 2 row2 column1...

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Did you have a look into the Model ‘Sample_Manipulation_of_arrival_schedule_MB’ in the download section? I guess this model has everything you need. Okay, it is reading from Excel, but to change this to a Global Table should not be a big deal.

Here is a link to the model:
/downloadPages/file&id=171
Old 04-08-2009
Flexsim User

Hey,

thanks for your reply. I think that would do it. I am working with Flexsim 4.53 and after Flexsim crashed sometimes I could open it by first opening another .fsm and then opening this file.

I guess the "UserEventInit" is what I am searching for but Tools-->UserEvent does not work (there is nothing to open).

Maybe i am searching at the wrong place or its a version problem!?!
Old 04-08-2009
Flexsim User

Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Before I made my first post, I checked the model and it was just working fine more.
I did it again now and it is working. I use v4.52 with is the actual version.
You are right, the important code is in the UserEventInit.
I guess the model was built in v4.32 and I did not update it because it is not my model. But maybe Markus will do this soon.

The only thing I can think of might be, that you may have open the model directly from the Explorer.
Please NEVER open models directly from the Explorer.
There seems to be an issue with Flexsim Deutschland models and I guess it is because of the Model Control GUI, but I am not sure. We so far were not able to figure it out.
So please open first Flexsim and then the model with File Open Model or the button Open.

Hopefully this was the issue.
Old 04-08-2009
Flexsim User

If I open it after having started Flexsim it works...(u r right, I opened it from the explorer)but where do I find the Code...There is nothing at Tools-->User Events (see picture). I am currently not in the Office so I have no access to the Network licence...might that be a problem (But this model only has 2 items so it should work without network licence?)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	blupp2.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	623  
Old 04-08-2009
Flexsim User

Yes, if you are in Evaluation Mode (no Flexsim hardware key detected) you do not have access to some functionality like User Events.
Attached Files
File Type: txt UserEventInit.txt (2.4 KB, 280 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I make a column of a global table to type table? qin tian Q&A 0 10-01-2008 09:27 PM
Limit in the completion hints? Global Tables, Global Variables, etc.? Tom David Gripes and Goodies 6 09-09-2008 04:05 PM
Reading Stats function from global table David Chan Q&A 4 05-27-2008 08:51 AM
Global Table Number Precision Sung Kim Tips and Tricks 8 03-27-2008 04:25 PM
Set reset position Martijn van Oostenbrugge Q&A 1 02-25-2008 11:48 AM