ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-13-2015
sravan kumar

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Post problem with capacity setting

hy all

i have a problem in setting capacity in basicTE. actually i had kept a value 10 as capacity but during run it is taking only one product from source to destination.

and the other problem is during the travel from source to destination both operator and trolley are moving correctly but during destination to source first operator is moving and after sometime trolley is moving without the aid of operator, which is a hand trolley.

I had used coordinated tasksequence example 2 to operate both operator and basicTE (trolley)

I have attached the model.

please can someone help me.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm trolley n operator .fsm (214.5 KB, 398 views)
Old 05-18-2015
FlexSim Brasil

Downloads: 10
mefhsmflexsimbr is on a distinguished road
Smile problem with capacity setting

Dear
The attached model was done by João Marques from FlexSim Brasil. Here is the message that he left to you.
You can't use "Task Sequence Example 2" because you want a complex task sequence where two TE's must synchronize their tasks.
Instead you must program the task sequence, by either createemptytasksequence or createcoordinatetasksequence. The first (Trolley n operator by JG 2) is easier to understand the commands, but it is more complex in the allocation of task executers, The second (Trolley n operator by JG CTS) uses more complex functions, but the coding is shorter than the first model.

You have to read more on TaskSequences Concepts that you can read in the user manual.

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: fsm trolley n operator by JG CTS.fsm (218.6 KB, 392 views)
File Type: fsm trolley n operator by JG 2.fsm (219.3 KB, 346 views)
Old 06-16-2015
sravan kumar

Post problem in operator settings

sir

thanks for the reply sir, i am facing a problem on operator size setting which was posted previously. the problem is i want to set the operator size as 5 feet and i did it, but on pressing reset before running the model, it is automatically getting back to its actual size(1.48ft). I am unaware of such kind of problem. can someone help me out.

i am attaching the model, please look at the model.

thank you
Attached Files
File Type: fsm trolley n operator by JG 2.fsm (219.3 KB, 375 views)
Old 06-16-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

maybe you have set a reset position. And while you did it the size and other attributes were set to constant values, too. So clear the reset position, change your attributes and then you can set the reset position again.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (06-16-2015)
Old 06-17-2015
sravan kumar

dear sir

thanks for the reply sir, finally it worked.

I have another problem regarding distance traveled by 4 flow items from source to sink. I have seen few posts regarding this kind of situation but it is about 1 flow item and 1 operator but i need distance traveled by 4 flow items.

Is there any way or logic to define such kind of problem.

please help me to solve this problem sir!!!

thank you
Old 06-17-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

If you use a TaskExecuterFlowItem as a product and on the flow tab on thee "Use Transport" option you select taskexecuter as flowitem you can see on every flowitem exactly how far it moved/walked.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (06-18-2015)
Old 06-21-2015
sravan kumar

dear sir

thanks for the reply sir, i have followed your suggestion and it worked, but i observed that only the product(green color -taskexecuter flowitem) is moving, not the operator who actually should carry it to the other end. Did i commit any mistake in doing so ? i posted the model please look at it sir.

in the same model i have another issue regarding simultaneous movement of trolley and operator in which i used task sequence example1 to coordinate both. the problem with it is trolley has to carry the load (red color product) while the operator will handle the trolley, but in the model both are carrying load which we don't want it happen.

please help me to solve these problems.

thank you
Attached Files
File Type: fsm distance flow with visual tool_autosave.fsm (242.2 KB, 326 views)
Old 06-21-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't look at your model before,but if you already have an operator transporting your products you can simply track how much a product travels by using the onload and onunload triggers of the operator. Simply track the travel distance at start and at end, subtract them and add them to a global variable, a global table or anywhere else. (variable is called: totaltraveldist )

Concerning your other problem, you used a normal tasksequence but if you want 2 taskexecuters to work together you have to use coordinated tasksequence. You can use the Coordinated tasksequence example 2 as a start.
If the operator that pushes the trolley has no other tasks you can also change the 3d object of the trolley to include an operator. That would make life a lot easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (06-21-2015)
Old 06-21-2015
sravan kumar

sir

i have already tried it before using coordinate task sequence ex 2. it is working good for carrying load of 1 product, but i need trolley to carry a certain load like capacity of 10 products.

so i have choose to go with task sequence ex 1, here trolley is taking certain load but even operator is carrying load as shown in previous post (model) but my actual requirement is operator has to handle the trolley not to carry load. adding to this operator has few other tasks to do before and after handling the trolley.

this is the problem i am facing.

thank you !!!!!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maximum capacity Ismail Benabicha Flexsim Student Forum 4 04-02-2015 03:24 AM
Capacity of Transporter Gutirallo Q&A 3 01-09-2012 12:22 PM
Group Capacity Jason Lightfoot User Development 7 03-24-2011 07:21 PM
TE loads to it's capacity qin tian Q&A 1 11-13-2008 09:35 AM
different capacity for different flow item for a same TE KelvinHo Q&A 10 08-28-2008 08:12 AM