ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 02-08-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough
Default Code autocompletion is great! Would like more shortcuts.

Two suggestions:

Autocomplete is great. But it will not immediately give your hints after you type the first letter. it will give you hints only after you type several letters. Maybe Flexsim has some internal control parameters for how many letters you should type before giving your hints. But I guess that could be a parameter putting in the Global Preference. And also the autocomplete is case-sensitive. I'd like it to be case-insensitive. But someone else may like the current one. This could also be an option in the Global Preference.

For run speed control, it would be nice to add short cuts, say:
Ctrl + 1 to set simulation run speed to be 1
Ctrl + ` to set simulation run speed to be infinity
Old 02-10-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Quote:
For run speed control, it would be nice to add short cuts, say:
Ctrl + 1 to set simulation run speed to be 1
Ctrl + ` to set simulation run speed to be infinity
I like this idea from Alan, but than I suggest to use for unlimited a key you can reach also on foreign keyboards easily so maybe better not to use special keys (for ' you need to press shift # to reach it on a German keyboard), e.g.
Ctrl + 0 for umlimited speed would be my suggestion, because stop is Ctrl + space.
Old 02-20-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0
qin tian is on a distinguished road

I want short cuts to move objects, say:

ctrl + -> move to right.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Model Startup Code Lolke Koopmans Q&A 4 12-14-2007 09:51 AM