ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-25-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0
Manoj Kumar is on a distinguished road
Default Shuttle rack system

Dear Friends,
Does any body come across the shuttle rack system (transporter inside rack) model using flexsim. If yes please post a sample model. The operation involved in shuttle racking is given below.
1.Flow item from source has to be transported to rack using transporter.
2.Flow item will be placed "x" level of the first bay of rack (on "sy direction") by transporter.
3.Flow item from first bay has to be taken to the last bay (on same x level) using shuttle system (thought of using ASRS vehicle inside rack).
4.shuttle should leave flow item in the last bay and need to reach the first bay to carry the next flow item to the last-1 bay.
Please share ideas or sample models to achieve this solution.
Old 07-30-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

How is the real warehouse working? When speaking about automated shuttle or satellite racks, the shuttle always goes back on to the ASRS vehicle and does not stay in the lane, because that would mean to have as many shuttles as lanes.

And If this would be the case, you could just put multiple racks behind each other and then write a logic that checks the contents of each cell in all the racks and just use one ASRS to put and collect the material
Old 08-01-2012
Flexsim User

Dear Friends,
I have attached model of shuttle rack system which i tried. ASRS vehicle is used as shuttle and it has to be transferred from one level to other using forklift when one level is fully filled. In my model i have not considered shuttle transfer time.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Shuttle rack system.fsm (309.0 KB, 114 views)
Old 08-02-2012
Flexsim User

Dear Friends,
I was trying to do the reverse of previously posted model of shuttle rack system (i.e picking flow item from rack).
I have attached a model in which the flowitem from rack1 is transferred to rack2 using ASRS vehicle. ASRS vehicle transfers flowitem from level3 of rack1 to same level of rack2 but on next cycle ASRS goes to level5 of rack1. What is needed is, on second cycle is ASRS has to move to level 3 of rack1 to collect next flow item at level3.ASRS has to remove flow item from level3 till it gets empty and then reach level5. How to achieve this?
The picking is done using the global table to refer the location of flow items.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Shuttle rack system_1.fsm (266.2 KB, 128 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
System and Line controllers? George Serhan Q&A 2 01-31-2012 05:58 AM
system console problem ? LINWEIXU Q&A 16 06-18-2010 03:25 AM
How to Use the license in two operating system in One PC? syseo Installation 1 05-17-2010 10:43 AM
Can I write to the system console? Steven Hamoen Q&A 2 11-26-2008 06:37 AM
Concept Training System Brandon Peterson User Development 0 11-14-2008 12:02 PM