ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-23-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Derrick Serbonich is on a distinguished road
Default Modeling tool picking

Hello,

I have been asked to model our out of calibration tool retrieval system. We are trying to justify switching to a new retrieval method using simulation. I am not sure how to model either process.

As it is now a technician gets a list of about 10 out of date tools and must go retrieve them from the shop floor. These tools can be at any workbench in the area and must be searched for. The next day a new list is generated and 10 more tools must be found and calibrated.

The new method would send the technician to one bench and retrieve all the tools that need calibration from that bench. The next day he would be sent to a differnt bench to calibrate all it's tools. And the cycle would continue.

I am not sure how to model these situations. I was thinking maybe someone would give me an idea of where to start or have modeled something like this before.

Thanks.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picking process Simon Farsah Q&A 9 03-23-2015 06:55 AM
Box Picking from a pallet in a rack Michael Hartlieb Q&A 9 12-11-2008 10:12 AM
Diff Tool? david_white Q&A 0 11-12-2008 01:51 PM
help! order picking process with global tables Charmaine Ng Q&A 3 11-06-2008 11:24 AM
ASRS Picking Gavin Douglas Q&A 1 09-09-2008 09:21 AM