ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-23-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about
Default Excel 2002 vs. Excel 2007

Hi there,
I exeprienced a huge speed loss while exporting data to excel since we change one machine to Excel 2007. Before I use Excel 2002 SP-1 and it took about 2 Minutes to export the results and now it takes up to 30 minutes to export the same amount of data?
Whats the reason for this speed loss? Can I increase the speed of the OLE Interface by setting some parameters? (e.g. cache size etc?)
Old 04-26-2009
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nico,

I was facing the same effect but the other machine had the same OS (Win XP Prof) AND the same Office package (2003). On my computer it took about 2 minutes, on the other one I prepared for a customer it took up to 30 minutes. Unfortunately nobody was able to tell me why

Hopefully you are luckier than I was....

Ralf
aka ralle
Flexsim Germany
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Nico Zahn (04-27-2009)
Old 04-27-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Nico,

I also think that 2007 is slow on it's own. When I googled the internet I found a lot of remarks and also some tips. So maybe it is good to have a look yourself and see if you can find some valuable tips.

Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Nico Zahn (04-27-2009)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Excel Data Import Sung Kim Q&A 2 07-16-2010 10:41 AM
how to import excel in source? qin tian Q&A 6 01-11-2010 10:58 PM
Exporting Global Tables with Excel 2007 david_white Q&A 8 11-11-2008 10:34 AM
Excel Tutorial - Need Input! Brandon Peterson Q&A 4 03-12-2008 10:54 AM
Excel and global tables Bill Nordgren Q&A 2 10-15-2007 04:36 AM