ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-07-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Ryan Haferbecker is on a distinguished road
Default Robot Unload Offset

Good Morning,

I have read through a lot of robot forum threads and unfortunately have not found the right one to answer my question. Please point me in that direction if you know of an existing one.

Attached is my model where I am attempting to load flowitems into a container object with a robot. I am using offset code on the entry trigger of the combiner to create an X spacing between flowitems as they are loaded. On the robot I am using motion paths. What I'd like is to have the robot unload at the proper X offset without having to create a motion path for every iteration of it and call based on content. Hoping for a better approach. Please advise.

Thx,
Ryan
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Robot_Unload.fsm (8.84 MB, 91 views)
Old 11-08-2012
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Unfortunately the combiner is not aware of the locations being set OnReceive of a container item or OnEntry as you have done here, so this info is not passed as a place offset in the task sequence as it is executed later.

You have to create a path for every position, but using Next Path you can avoid any code based on content. See the bottom of the Help/Flexsim Object Library/Robot page for information on Next Path. I have attached an example. Note that I specify a path for the load task, but not the unload task for the boxes.

Creating a path for every position sounds like a lot of work, but you only need an unload path for each position and if you use the PathPlanner along with Match Highlighted while you Step through the model, then you can be done in a minute.

fyi - I just noticed the Path Cycle Time field is not linked correctly in v6, you will have to use positive values in the Move Time column instead.
Each time you relaunch Flexsim, execute the following in a Script window to fix the Path Cycle Time link in the Robot gui
sets(node("VIEW:/pages/unique/Robot/PathPlanner/Edit PathCycleTime>objectfocus"), "../..>objectfocus+/1")
Attached Files
File Type: fsm robot palletizing using Next Path v602.fsm (45.7 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Kris Geisberger; 11-08-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: added temp bug fix
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (11-08-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am looking for the model of transfer from robot to robot... syseo Q&A 0 06-14-2012 08:56 PM
Travel Offset Distance shafizad Q&A 2 05-23-2012 05:48 AM
Flowitem offset in Conveyor Manoj Kumar Q&A 2 03-14-2012 04:37 AM
LOAD and UNLOAD on Robot Lydia Franck Q&A 10 09-15-2010 07:29 AM
Offset Travel AlanZhang Q&A 16 04-18-2008 10:25 AM