ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-19-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0
zhang xin is on a distinguished road
Default will animator creator replace kinamatics in most cases?

will animator creator replace kinamatics in most cases?
thanks
Old 01-20-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

No, I would almost say: ofcourse not!

if you want simple animation with no acceleration or deceleration you can use the animator creator but the animation of the animation creator has no links with it's environment.

So if you want parts of an animation to move exactly, you need the kinematics to do that. That is the same for any other movement in the model, that is always done with kinematics.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (01-20-2011)
Old 01-20-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Plus if you want the state of movements to feed back into model events I think they're the best way.
Old 01-20-2011
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

I often use a mix of animations and kinematics. When I create animations, I add keyframes to only a subset of the components. Then when I want to run the animation, I start the animation, and then I apply kinematics to other components. The components that require variability in distance movements based on the operation will use kinematics, while the components whose movements are the same across all operations use the animations. This is what the Transporter does. The transporter's wheels use the "Drive" animation because that animation is the same no matter where you are, but the transporter's forks use kinematics because the height that the fork needs to be lifted changes based on the load/unload operation.

Someday I'd like to be able to dynamically change keyframes of animations through either commands, or maybe having a set of named parameters on the animations that you can set. Anyway, doing that would replace some of the need for kinematics, but I don't think we'll ever be able to replace the full flexibility of kinematics with animations, especially for acceleration/deceleration.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (01-20-2011)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To replace 3D shape john mic Q&A 6 07-05-2010 12:14 AM
Animation Creator Esther Bennett Q&A 5 06-12-2010 07:21 AM
Search and replace Nico Zahn Gripes and Goodies 0 05-19-2008 01:54 AM
In what cases the running simulation would stop itself? KelvinHo Q&A 1 05-08-2008 08:32 AM